Recent Posts

Thursday, October 15, 2009

National Grouch Day

Today is National Grouch Day. Now here's a day for me! One thing I will never be accused of is being overly happy.

I've always been accused of being a grouch. Now there's finally a day I can celebrate and put my grouch on and no one can give me a hard time! Back when I was working, I did accounting/bookkeeping work. Very detailed stuff. Concentration essential. Co-workers always took my concentration and attention to my task as grouchiness. I even had a former VP where I previously worked constantly writing me up for it. It's kind of hard to improve when the bar was set so high. The receptionist was so jovial and happy she came in every morning singing. (No...I'm not kidding.) It made me look bad even when I was really making an effort to 'look' less grouchy. I got really tired of being accused of being grouchy and employed the age old technique of 'faking it till you make it'. Of course I never did 'make it', but I faked it so well that I was actually complimented on the changes I made. Of course I still never entered the office singing, but I did fool them. (Oh, and the singing receptionist? She's still there. People would often remark 'what the hell is she so happy about?' or remark to others that they wished she'd just 'shut the hell up'.)

Oh well, embrace your grouchiness today! I know I will!

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

5 comments:

Auntie E said...

oh I don't think I could be a grouch today:-) However I always loved seeing Oscar the grouch on ST.

Diane said...

a holiday just for me!! yay!!!

i'm not really a grouch but my kids say i am lol

StaceyC4 said...

Too bad it wasn't yesterday. I was TOTALLY embracing my inner grouch all afternoon long!

Patricia Rockwell said...

Well, maybe this explains my husband's behavior today.

Lin said...

I embrace my grouchiness, Lola. Nothing like it. Me and Grumpy Grace totally love to be moody together--perhaps that is why she loves me so. :)

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©