Recent Posts

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The holidays are fast approaching...what do you dread most?

What is it that you dread most about the upcoming holidays?

Sure the gift wrapping is a bore, but I have my system...my tradition of watching Christmas classics as I attempt to wrap every single, solitary gift in 1 gift wrapping session. Every now and then I'll add a new movie to the collection to change things up.

Sure the crowded stores and malls are obnoxious, but I haven't done that in years. This year's strategy is to hit the resale shops early for high end, quality, gently used/like new or NWT clothing, then add in some unique gifts specially chosen for the recipient, possibly something handmade...then I'm done. I probably will still check out the Black Friday ads, however, if I make any purchases, they will likely be online, rather than at a brick and mortar store.

What I dread most...and it's something I haven't had to deal with in 4 years...is the holidays at the office. Don't get me wrong, I really actually like the people I work with, which is really nice for a change (no one calling me a bitch or miming inappropriate sexual acts in the office). The thing I dread most about holidays at the office is the Secret Santa. While the people I work with are really nice, I don't know much about them, nor do they no much about me. It's the whole, you don't want to appear cheap, yet don't want to look like you way overspent...and you don't want to get something totally wrong, or wuss out and get a gift card. At my previous job I simply refused to participate because of the...office dynamics. If my office does the Secret Santa thing, I will participate, but I will also dread it.

So...what do you dread about the upcoming holiday season? Tell us in the Comment section.

Lola's Diner ©2008-2011

2 comments:

Pam Allen said...

I hear ya in all those...holidays are stressful anyways. We also have 3 bdays in the house too so my stress level is high! New follower from Thirsty Thurs Blog Hop!

Lola said...

@ PinkMama - Welcome! Hope to see you around commenting. Not only do We've got 2 birthdays in our house this year. Ugh! The stress!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©