Recent Posts

Saturday, January 21, 2012

How long can you survive without a microwave oven?

It's 2012. I'm 50. I purchased my first microwave oven for my Mom in about 1980. It was huge!
That means I survived almost 20 years without one!

We have not had a working microwave oven set up for 2 weeks now. It took a week to purchase one because of my hectic schedule. It's a bit larger than the old one, so I am still contemplating where to put the new one.
My children are suffering immensely.

How can we heat up a can of Campbells?
How can I heat up a can of Chef Boy R u Lazy?
There's nothing to eat...no we can't have leftovers, there isn't any way to heat them up!

OMG! You would not believe the drama!

How did I ever survive my first 20 years of life?

When I tell them they have to heat up Campbells the old fashion way...put it in a saucepan on the stove and turn on the stove, they roll their eyes at me as if I were stark raving mad!

Lola's Diner ©2008-2011

1 comment:

Lin said...

Hahaha! Remember when we actually had to get UP to change the channels on the TV???! Talk about suffering!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©