Recent Posts

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Review: Schwan's Quality Food Home Delivered

I received some sample products from Schwan's.  Some of you may already be familiar with Schwan's, others may have seen their trucks in your neighborhood and wondered what they are all about.  Schwan's delivers high quality frozen foods, everything from meats and seafood, to entrees, appetizers, ice creams and desserts

They also have a LiveSmart™ line of products:
  • Delicious, real, better-for-you food
  • Minimal additives or preservatives
  • Moderate calories, sodium and fat
  • Zero grams trans fat
My sample products were shipped via UPS to my door with dry ice in a foam box.  The items arrived frozen solid as they should be.  I received Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.  These were delicious and moist and didn't have that overpowering taste of salt that most other brands of individually frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts have.

 

 The other product I received was from their LiveSmart™ line of products.  LiveSmart™ ENTICINGS™ Chocolate and Vanilla Low-Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches.

 
I have to say, I usually don't care for "light", "diet", "low fat" products.  I seem to always taste the difference and don't care for the funky taste they have.  These are not the usual good for you treats you find.  These were delicious, and I honestly could not tell a difference from the usual full fat ice cream I've had.  Each sweet treat also provides a good source of fiber and contains 4 grams of protein.  I would definitely have these again.

Schwan's products can be ordered online or on the phone and delivered via UPS, or delivered from Schwan's Home Service Trucks. Click here to request a catalog.

Lola's Diner Disclaimer: I was given these Schwan's products to review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this review. 
 
Lola's Diner ©2008-2013

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©