Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Listen when your body tells you something...

I have been having a lot of tests since December. In fact I think my MRI punchcard should be full at the end of the month when I have MRI’s and arthrograms of both shoulders. And no, I haven’t Googled the procedure. My new orthopedic doctor was kind enough to email me a link to watch videos of the procedure! Ugh! No, I haven’t watched them yet, I figure I’ll wait until the day before so I don’t ruminate on it. I’m hoping they partially sedate me because the MRI machines make me claustrophobic, and I’m sure getting a shot of dye into the shoulder joints is not going to be a day at the beach.

My point of this post is listen to your body, if you’re having pain, go to the doctor and have it checked out. I have. If you’ve got a cough or laryngitis for more than 2 weeks, go to the doctor. I did, turns out a medication I had taken for 20 years was the cause of the cough and laryngitis, so he switched me to something different. It did take almost a month to get that medication out of my system. My cough is gone, and so is my Brenda Vacaro voice.

A friend of ours has been dealing with terrible pain from being mauled by a pit bull at a shelter. The dog tried to tear her arm off, the arm she recently had rotator cuff surgery on. So she’s in a hella lot of pain. Her husband had been having abdominal pain and kept stealing her Norco. He stole so much that she would run out halfway through the month. This has gone on at least 2 months that we know of. He went to the doctor this week. He has a large mass in his colon. They were told it would be a couple weeks for biopsy results. It could be cancerous. Had he listened to his body, not self medicated, and seen a doctor at the onset of the pain...well...you know.

I guess you can call this post this month’s PSA.

Update: The today the husband was doubled over in the fetal position. He is now in the hospital on morphine. 


           Lola’s Diner  cc 2008-2018

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©