Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Second

I was able to medicate adequately because my spouse drove and I used lavender essential oils. We got there early, much better. I have to say, they have the best staff there. The techs that now wheel me to and from (my legs felt like jelly after the first treatment) follow my sense of humor and try to crack me up. 

Much better, begin counting backwards as the mask is clamped down, then slide into machine for the scan (to insure everything is aligned properly), then slide out for it to be reviewed. Slide back in for treatment. I didn’t ask how long (last time was 6.5 minutes). Shortly after treatment begins my nose starts to itch, like crazy (stop laughing, you know you are, I laugh thinking about it). I interrupt my count thinking about the itch and tell myself to stop and get back to counting. Dang, the itch is spreading to the top of my left cheek. Again, COUNT! Next thing I know One of the techs is walking towards me telling me “we” are done for today. The sound of the clamps being opened, raise my head and gasp for air. The techs asked how it went, I showed them the oval foam I hold onto while in the machine. It’s not scrunched up from white knuckling. ‘Ah, no white knuckling today, good job!”

After treatment my spouse drops me at Walmart to get my special steroid that I was supposed to take an hour before treatment. Couldn’t get there before. Sat waiting for my son to get me a motorized cart. I am very unsteady on my feet, very tired. Phone rings, it’s my sister, I decline. I broke up the conversation quickly, spouse was in the car, in pain, and son was approaching.

We got home, ate late lunch after I figured out what didn’t make me think🤢. My phone rings. Guess who? I decline again. I’m trying to eat and I’m exhausted. I go upstairs and fall asleep for hours. Somewhere in that time, my phone rings, wakes me, I decline again. (Really, no one really wants to hear me talk after being dogged all afternoon and getting woken up.) So now the fam is asking about dinner, I reply and tell my spouse about the calls. She’s exasperated too because she has had to handle her many times before because of this behavior. Anastasia before her also had to put her in her place.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2018

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©