Recent Posts

Monday, July 1, 2019

you were at my wedding Denise

Not a very strong comeback when some Denise insults you on Twitter. The person who some Denise insulted was Megan McCain. And I don’t really get it. (This was about a month ago, I forgot to post.)

Full disclosure...Denise was not at my wedding. The Denise I knew was someone I briefly dated. (Not briefly enough!) And she WAS NOT at my wedding. The Denise episode was at a not good point in my kid’s illnesses. I needed somewhere for them to be while I was at work...ONE DAY! All that was needed was keep your eyes on them, don’t let them wander off, feed them, and for the love of Pete don’t yell at them! What was wrong with her? When I went to pick them up I found my son wandering around and not doing well. My daughter gave me a full report. Denise yelled at him for not keeping up with her at the park. Really? I confirmed with her what happened and then grabbed my kids and stormed out to have her chasing me down the driveway yelling at ME. (Seriously dodged a bullet there.)

I stopped contact with her until she called one day needing a pickup from the train station after a job interview. It was only a pickup and drop off. I try to be a good person. So I did it. I pick her up and she’s got a huge bouquet of flowers she hands me. I saw where this was going and tossed them in the backseat. Didn’t look at them, didn’t read the card. I ignored them. Thankfully the pickup to drop off was a short ride.  I tried really hard to not listen to her begging to get back together. I told her no. There were no apologies for her behavior. No, are your kids ok? I dropped her off, drove to the local food pantry, removed the card and gave it to a staff member and asked them to either make someone’s day, or split it up and make several people’s day.

I really do try to be a good person. Help people out whenever I can. Just like, you do for family. But that’s just me, what my Mom and Dad instilled in me. I am old fashioned. I’m fine with that.

Lola's Diner ©2008-2019

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©