Recent Posts

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Stealing

For the Queen's Curiosity

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!


Questions from Durward Discussion.  

Thanks to Kwizgiver for the suggestion.

1.  What is the nearest book to you?  Your Kindle does not count.
That would be an Instant Pot Cookbook. Cookbooks are the only books I buy since I have a Kindle. I use Pinterest for recipes usually, but had to have that book.

2.  When was the last time you took a "me" vacation?
I don’t think I even know what that is. The closest thing to it would be when my spouse and I went camping in Galena. It was already reserved and paid for 2 nights. Both my kids were in the same hospital with the same illness. It was supposed to be a family camping trip. We stayed 1 night, watched a beautiful sunrise, complete with a rainbow over the lake and hot air ballons drifting by. Did I mention when we got to the site it was pouring rain? We had to hustle to get the tent up. It stormed and rained all night. We packed everything all up the next morning and drove to the hospital in time for visiting hours. 

3.  How many telephone numbers do you have? 
I only need one.

4.  If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately?
Take the state lottery money and actually USE it on the school system as it was meant to be. 

5.  Are you a big tipper? 
Very, very rarely. There has to be a good reason

6.  Do you watch reality shows? 
No. I don’t like them.

7.  Who is your favorite sports team player? 
Cubs left fielder Kyle Schwarber.

 

8.  If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you like to visit and why?
Uranus. Because it’s funny to say. How many other gave that answer? I don’t think I would visit. According to a short Google read the closest habitable planet is 12 light years away, Proxima Centauri b, which revolves around Proxima Centauri in the Alpha Centauri System.  Science lesson concluded.

9.  When was the last time you sat in a church?
It was either a wedding or a funeral. My church is in Chicago and I have not found anywhere else I feel comfortable. I’m pretty sure God can hear me wherever I pray, and I’m good with that. I do miss the fellowship and the events.

10.  Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?
I think it’s near impossible to grow a readership. And have them comment. Since EntreCard there hasn’t been anything I’ve seen that comes close to connecting bloggers.

11.  When someone follows you on their blog or subscribes to your Facebook page, do you automatically follow and subscribe back?
I don’t even know how to see who my subscribers are. 

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2019

    

3 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Did you see Schwarber today in Milwaukee? He was a one-man wrecking crew! He lifted the team when they really needed it.

Lola said...

Yes! That’s why he’s my favorite. Solid hitter. Always seems to come through when we need it.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Did you know Uranus was originally named George, after the king? But that was silly, since the other non-Earth ones were named for Gods, so they changed it to something... less silly... Umm, yeah.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©