Recent Posts

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Sunday Stealing - Swap Bot

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!


Swap Bot asked people to post questions they would like to answer.  I copied them all and put together this brief selection.

1) What do you enjoy about summer?
That the end of it means the start of fall. Not a fan of heat or sunburn.
2) Do you like snow? Why?
It’s purdee to look at when the trees are covered in it. 

It’s a problem because neither my spouse nor I can shovel it. My son got a lot better at it last year, but my daughter...OMG! It’s argument after argument. Outside less than 5 minutes, “I’m done.” 
3) What do you think about dogs?
Love love love dogs. Miss my Maxwell so much. I got him when I moved into my 2nd apartment in Chicago in 1989. I would LOVE to adopt a dog from a shelter, but we have 3 cats, so adding a dog now would not be the best.
4) Have you ever gotten lost?
It used to be as long as I knew where Lake Michigan was I was fine. When I moved to the burbs thank goodness my Honda had a compass in the rearview mirror, so I knew which direction I was going. Now I have a Nav system and the compass is on the screen. But generally speaking I have a good sense of direction. 
5) What are your favorite type of socks?
Argyle socks! I love love love argyle socks. I got a pair of purple ones for everyone in our wedding party. Lol!
6) What is your favorite style of shoes?
Boat shoes. For years I used to wear Timberlands with the tassels. Like these, but mine were dark navy with brown trim. I wore them for over 10 years. They don’t sell them anymore, unless you search eBay for Vintage Timberland Kiltie Tassel Boat Shoe.

Now I wear Sebago.


And now I have to look for something else cuz these now cost over $100 on Amazon.
7) What would you name your boat if you had one?
The Usual Suspects. 🤣 What movie is that from?
8) What common misconception do you hate to hear repeated as fact?
You have to wait 24 hours to file a missing person report. It’s not true, it depends on the circumstances. I think it has become a popular misconception because the police have better things to do than search for someone only missing a few hours and it turns out they weren’t missing, they just made a stop on the way and ended up being hours late getting home or whatever. I know this because I once had to file 2 missing persons reports for my ex. One in IL, the other CA. (Ex was in CA on business.) You really have to have a good reason for the police to do anything before 24 hours. Like if the person needs medication, or violence was involved.
9) What was the last shop you went into and what did you buy?
Rut ro. Wally World. A gallon of milk and a breakfast sausage roll. I try to not shop there, but I was looking for something in the electronics dept. Couldn’t find it elsewhere, now they no longer sell it.
10) What's your favourite thing to do to pass the time?
Surf the net.
11) What is a way to die that scares you the most?
Pass.
12) Travel or home body?
I would love to travel, but it’s never been in my budget. I got married 4 years ago October and we haven’t even had a honeymoon. So I’m a homebody.
13) Have you ever gone to a Bingo hall?
I’ve been to Potawatomi bingo in Milwaukee once. Never been to a church hall bingo.
14) What is the longest plane trip you have taken?
I’ve only been on a plane once. Round trip to CA.
15) Do you text more or call more? Why?
I usually text more. If I’m going to call, most of the time I text first to see if its convenient, make sure I’m not disturbing a nap, etc.

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2019

8 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

You can have cats with a dog but you have to introduce the cat(s) to the dog when they are kittens - otherwise your entire house will be turned upside down. I speak from the experience of my parents.

:o)

Cheers

PM

J Lenni Dorner said...

LL Bean might have shoes similar to those. It looks like something they'd have. (There's a store near me.)

It's a shame that travel costs so much.


Unrelated to this post, I'm curious why you use "glbt" instead of "lgbt"? (Love the "guest check" welcome image, btw. Great vibe for your blog.)

Kwizgiver said...

I didn't even think that my trip to California was as long as my trips to Europe. Hmmm, now I need to rethink my answer!

Lori said...

I used to love to wear boat shoes! I haven;t had them in years. They are so cute!
I like to text too because I do not like to bother people. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

I love the look of those shoes. I hate shoe shopping because I have a very wide foot and 90% of the shoes I find that I like don't fit me. Which is why I wear only Berkenstocks!

Stacy said...

Thanks for the information about filing a missing person report because you really do hear the bit about waiting all the time. I hope I never need to know it, but I'm glad I do, just in case.

勝美 said...

Casablanca.

Lolasdiner said...

Yes that’s the movie.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©