Recent Posts

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Sunday Stealing-Compassion


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!
These are questions suggested by Compassion, Int'l

And BTW, Happy Birthday to Lori, whose birthday is the 9th! 

What is the most fun thing you have ever done? 
It’s so hard to pick just one thing. I’ll go with camping. No matter the location or circumstances, we always have fun camping. It’s been too long, hopefully we can figure out a way to do it next year.
Are you left-handed or right-handed? 
Left handed.
What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
In December 1990 my Dad passed away in the middle of the night. A co-worker friend knew he was ill and knew that I spent every other weekend out of state to care for him. She told me to call her anytime I needed to talk, or if something happened with my Dad. I got the call around 1:30am, hugged my dog for awhile and packed a bag. Around 5am I called my friend, told her my Dad had passed and I was getting ready to head out. She said to get my dog’s food together and bring him over, that she would take care of him while I was out of town. When I got there she had a huge coffee from Dunkin Donuts and a bag of donut holes. She had run to the Dunkin near where we lived and picked them up for me, knowing I had a long ride ahead of me and I wouldn’t be thinking about the need for caffeine and food. It ended up being the only thing I ate that day.
What is the biggest animal you’ve seen in the wild?
I’ve never been in the wild.
What is the smallest animal you’ve seen in the wild?
I’ve never been in the wild.
Do you ever have funny dreams at night? 
Sometimes. I either haven’t been dreaming or haven’t been remembering them lately. I actually just thought about that this morning.
If you could make a law for your country, what would it be?
Have LGBT rights and gay marriage be iron clad, with no ability whatsoever to reverse them. That would include the right for gays and lesbians to adopt. I have met so many wonderful gays and lesbians who have adopted and they are the most awesome parents. Many of the children they adopt are special needs. These “gay adoptions” are helping these children flourish and keeping these children from being neglected or abused in whatever situation they had been in prior to their adoption.
What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
This is probably childish, but I would go get the keys to a certain storage locker and take all the things my ex stole from me and all the gifts he gave the kids but wouldn’t let them bring them to my house. He has promised for at least 2 years he would bring the kid’s stuff here, but he hasn’t. I wouldn’t take anything that wasn’t mine or the kids.
If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
No particular person, but the someone else would be someone pain free, with no back, shoulder, knee  pain. I would spend the entire 24 hours doing things I haven’t been able to do since my car accident. I would ride a bicycle, ride my motorcycle, hand wash and wax my cars myself, take my golf clubs to the driving range and hit a couple buckets of balls, I would walk the grocery store and pick up items for a dinner that would require me to stand over the stove or grill, I would walk around the neighborhood with my kids,  I would play yard games with my kids and shoot some hoops, I would let my kids and my spouse hug me as tight as they wanted and not tell them when to stop because it wouldn’t hurt.
What would you like to change about yourself?
My weight. Become a smaller size without the usual accompaniment of a huge amount of sagging excess skin.
What is your daily routine.
I don’t really have one.
What would your perfect day be like?
Be able to get out of bed painfree, walk without a cane or walker, take a walk around the neighborhood with my family and be able to walk that far without pain, do some yard work (I miss it), take my family to a driving range and be able to stand and swing clubs and step in to help my kids improve their shot, cook dinner for my family and go to bed pain free.
How old were you when you learned to read?
I have no idea. 
What is the most interesting thing you know?
I need to ponder this one.
What makes you nervous?
Driving (fear of another accident), shopping (fear of someone deliberately slamming their cart into to the rear of the electric cart I am using, causing days of increased pain), fear of family arguing, yelling, fear of falling, fear of losing my balance, finances (how close can I get to the end of the month and have enough money), fear of the neighbors close to me that I don’t know (there seem to always be domestic disturbances, a derogatory comment about lgbt, just unfriendly stares the kind that makes you feel you don’t belong), fear of gaining weight because I’m cheating too often.
What is your favourite flower?
Purple bearded iris.
Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal?
No.
What time do you go to bed? 
When I start nodding off.
What time do you get up?
Depends on what’s going on for the day.
What is something that is always in your refrigerator?
Condiments/Sauces. Like Chulula, ketchup, different mustards, oyster sauce, fish sauce, all kinds of sauces because we cook all types of cuisines. When I say “we” I mean I find a recipe, I shop for the ingredients not on hand, then my spouse or my kids prepare it.

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2019

    

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That was a very kind thing your friend did for you when your dad passed. She is a treasure!
Good idea for the invisibility.
I didn't think the way you did for who I'd like to be for a day, but man, someone without aches and pains would be amazing!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

CountryDew said...

So far you're the only left-handed person I've run across in this meme. I wonder how many there will be.

Lori said...

What a good friend for helping you out that day. Such a difficult day. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©