Recent Posts

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Facebook



November 16, 2019

From Facebook


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

Whew.  That's over.  Let's get back to normal and use "safe" questions that won't offend anybody (I don't think).  Thanks, everyone, for your support.


Stolen from Facebook


1) What is your favorite TV show (currently)? The Good Place was, but I’m a few episodes behind and I’m confused. Not sure what’s going on. American Housewife has taken its place. Always full of laughs.

2) Would you like to be a child again? Hell to the no! I was relentlessly picked on because I was overweight. In today’s realm I have no doubt that I would also be bullied. No thank you.

3) Has anyone ever told you that school times were the best period of his/her life? Would you say that to someone? Why? I can’t say I recall anyone I know saying school was the best time of their life. I certainly wouldn’t say it. My best friend, a sophomore who lived across the street was my best friend. Before I started my Freshman year she told me she couldn’t be friends with any Freshman. We were best friends for literally our entire lives up until that point. Through the rest of high school I made 2 friends. I think that experience is why I have no friends. I find it impossible to make friends at 58. I don’t have a clue where to begin. When I turned 40 I belonged to a social group and had so much fun going out to clubs, house parties, bbq’s, etc. That was until the person I was seeing broke up with me and took ALL the group members. After a few months I found that the 1 who claimed to be my friend was still going to their events on the down low. Now she is my future sister-in-law. Talk about awkward!

4) How's the weather? Cold. Not too cold like a few days ago. Medium cold. Cold enough for a light jacket or hoodie.

5) Do you like camping? Love it! I camped a lot with the one who took all the people in the social group. After that I got my own camping supplies and took my fiancรฉ and kids camping. 

6) Do you believe in paranormal phenomena? I don’t think so. 

7) If you would create a holiday, what would it be called and how would we celebrate it? When would this holiday be? I always thought there needed to be a Federal holiday in between the long stretches with no holidays. Maybe between New Year’s Day and Memorial Day. I had a few bad jobs, not the work, I usually loved the work. It was the employees and the bosses. I would always look forward to any days off so I could breath and not get screamed at. At times when it was really ugly I would pray for a day off. Reporting it to the top just made it worse. These are long stories, but suffice to say I kept to my cubicle, was quiet, did my work well, minded my own business. They were just ugly, ugly people. 

8) What word(s) do you dislike? Can you tell why? Swear words. I use them too often. I need to stop. I’ve been using the alternative swear words from “The Good Place”. Ashhole, bullshirt, fork, wtfork, motherforker. My autocorrect knows them all now. 

9) What color do you dislike? What do you associate with it? Brown. In a high school business class I read that brown doesn’t look professional. I don’t think I have any brown clothing as a result. 

10) Do you believe in otherworldly creatures, eg. ghosts, etc? Kind of. I sometimes sense my beloved dog Maxwell or my cat Sophie at the foot of my bed, rubbing against my feet, or Sophie biting my big toes. The cats I have now never do any of that.

11) Pick two of your favourite fictional characters. Where are they from (what movie, book, etc?) and why are they your favourite? Can’t think of any. I rarely read fiction. I usually read memoirs. I did really enjoy Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren in Orange is the New Black, played by Uzo Adubo.

12) If you could change anything or add anything to your body would you? (this can be interpreted however, but, think, would you like to have fins or extra hands?) I’ve lost so much weight that I have skin hanging all over and skin that is crepe paper looking. I’d like these areas to be toned and normal looking. Just more normal looking would be good.

13) What are some family traditions you have/had growing up? Do you still continue them, if yes, why, if no, why not? When I was a kid we went to Grandma’s house for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and day, and NYE. My parents passed away when I was in my early twenties. I do prepare the foods we ate like Grandma and my Aunts made for the holidays. My kids look forward to Sfincioni and a tray of veggies and cheeses on Christmas Eve. Seafood on NYE, although due to the expense, it’s never been the extravaganza of seafood like when I was a kid...octopus, calamari, shrimp. Maybe shrimp cocktail and cheeses and veggies.

14) What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any? I don’t have any. I’ve thought I’ve wanted one, but I can’t seem to figure out what I want. It’s permanent you know.

15)  What is the most disgusting habit some people have? Screaming at people because they are different, or because you wrongly think they threaten your job. Continuing to do it relentlessly to try to get the victims to quit. It’s really a form of bullying which is disgusting. I am NO quitter!

16)  If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which would it be? 
Travelers
with Eric McCormack. 

17) What was the most unsettling film you have ever seen? If it was unsettling, why would I want to think about it again? Ok, this movie always scared the bejeepers out of me. Karen Black was in it. “Trilogy of Terror”. No need for me to Google, it’s permanently imprinted on my brain. The part of the trilogy with the terrifying, ugly little creatures.

18) What book has impacted you the most? Can’t think of any.

19) You're on Death Row and get one final meal: What is that meal and why do you choose it? Seafood boil, or surf and turf. I’ve had seafood boil only once and it was so good.

20) What is the first profession you remember wanting to become as a child? Teacher. Doesn’t everyone want to be a teacher when they were a young child? It’s really the first profession children are exposed to. Second was Accountant, which ended up being my career.

••I don’t know why, but when I Copy these to my blog I end up with excess blank rows that I cannot delete. Sorry for the inconvenience.••

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2019























6 comments:

Stacy said...

I've never had to deal with losing my social group because of the end of a relationship, but I've always thought that was probably one of the worst aspects of divorce. Why on earth can't people stay friends with both people?

I think I'm weird. I never wanted to be a teacher.

Those extra spaces...it must be a Blogger thing. Some weeks it is really bad and I can't do anything about it. Then there are times when it seems to jam everything together and I can't fix that either. Stupid Blogger.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Plastic Mancunian said...

I'm okay with brown. I have a few pairs of brown shoes that look quite good with different coloured trousers. I would never wear a brown suit though.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

I did not want to be a teacher when I was in high school thinking about careers. My friends all thought I should be one and I did not go that direction for a long time, but in the end I am in fact a teacher. I love it. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Actually I love brown and wear a lot of it, but it’s probably not business like. Office I mean.
Blogger does this to me but I go into the html code and eliminate the darn code. It’s the only way I’ve found to fix it. Look for long strings of these





People just are very cruel. I had a terrible problem with family members who shunned me and mistreated my kids. In laws who thought I was “stupid” or “weird”. Finally I learned it was THEIR problem ..jealousy and fear, and ignored them.. hard but can be done. You have a right to your own life! Fork! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜† I also love that show! It’s on Netflix.
Enjoy your week, and don’t let the turkeys get you down.. “Sail on Silver Moon...Sail on by...”.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Long little strips of these were < br >. One right after the other in the code, marching down the page. Just ONE of them caused that break up there in my last comment. Little devils! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Lolasdiner said...

I write my blog on my iPhone using the Blog Touch app. I have no idea how to navigate where I can look at the html code. Before iPhones I wrote on my computer and edited and added html code. I will peek around next time I’m in the app, cuz that drives me nuts!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©