Recent Posts

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday Stealing-Pinterest


Sunday Stealing

December 8, 2019

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!

 

Stolen from Pinterest


 

 


1. What don’t you share?
My toothbrush.

2. A reason to celebrate?
Any day ending in “y”.

3. Describe where you are now.
I am in the master bedroom watching “Younger” on Hulu.

4. A dream that seems impossible.
World peace.

5. Something you hope for.
A cure for cancer and all diseases.

6. A tradition that makes you feel at home.
Any holiday tradition. Sometimes we change things up and add a new tradition. It’s just the 4 of us, so sometimes it’s nice to do things a little different.

7. The people who make your life better.
My spouse, my kids, and our couple friends (One couple) we have.

8. Someone you’d like to meet.

I used to think that I wanted to meet Rosie O’Donnell, but then I met her at a book signing and decided, not so much. She seemed more interested in fawning over babies, chatting with young people...kids, and was dismissive of adults.  I don’t think I’d want to meet her again under any circumstances, unless she was giving me a truckload of money and helping my story get published...(errr, and written. Lol!) I have met Melissa Ferrick many times. Always very friendly, a hugger, always spends time chatting up fans individually. I can’t think of anyone else I’d want to meet. People I’ve thought I wanted to meet, Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey (who I did meet at a taping of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” when Paul Riser was plugging his book. All audience members were videotaped shaking hands and basically saying hi to Oprah. Some people tried to chat for a bit, but everyone was ushered through quickly. I heard Oprah did this to insure that no one could say she had long conversations and made promises to audience members/non-celebrity guests. Technically my ex and I were non-celebrity guests. Show producers contacted us and wanted us in the audience to bring up funny relationship stories. We were picked up by a limo and taken to the set, got to have a continental breakfast while being given instructions by the producer assigned to us. We also got a limo ride home. We actually did get set up by a microphone stand to talk, but got bumped by the elderly couple married for like 60 years. I was actually happy. I was 8 months pregnant and really did not want to be on tv.) I’m just not impressed by celebrities and don’t care to meet any politicians. I don’t think there are any other  singers I’d want to meet.

9. A silly thing you’d really like.
I don’t know. I’ve got every kitchen small appliance and gadget known to woman. Got it! A She Shed. I would have it set up in such a way that I could hang out there and try to be as comfortable as I could be. Comfy chair, maybe an upholstered chaise lounge, and additional sitting space for my family to join me.

10. A book from your childhood.
When I was young my Mom ordered all the Dr Seuss books and I read them. In high school we had to read “Lord of the Flies” and “The Grapes of Wrath”. I got the Cliff Notes. The books didn’t interest me and I just wanted to get through the essays and tests. I did actually read the Cliff Notes...boring!

11. Something you’re still not sure about.
Will my kids (both twenty-somethings with the same mental illness) ever have some semblance of a normal life? Will they at least be happy? My daughter is dating the same thirty-something guy she dated for a year with about a year break. He has intellectual disabilities, seems nice, very polite. I would just like to see her meet other people, but I don’t know how that would go. She seems very controlling. 

12. The best dessert to share with friends.
Creme brûlée.

13. A story that captures your imagination.
“The Neverending Story”, the first one and “Neverending Story II”. The movies. I didn’t care for the movies that came after II.

14. Memories beside a fireplace.

Not a fireplace, a campfire. Camping with my spouse, or my spouse and the kids. Cooking our meals over the fire and after dinner sitting around the campfire just chillin’.

15. How do you spend a rainy day?
The same as any other day. In pain. Probably more pain because of the rain. Staying home.

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2019

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I always think I'd like a She Shed, but then think "what would I really do with one?" They are lovely and fun to dream about, but I can't picture myself sitting out back in a shed.

Plastic Mancunian said...

DEFINITELY with you on the toothbrush!!

:o)

Cheers

PM

Medhini said...

What baby did you have... You mentioned you were eight months pregnant.

Lolasdiner said...

I would LOVE to have a She Shed. Set it up for reading and relaxing and crafting. I could start seeds for my garden, cuz I already have the lights and cells. My brother in law rearranged my garage and I can’t use the lights where I had them hung. Grrr.

Lolasdiner said...

I had my son 25 years ago this month. Wow! That’s how long it’s been since I went to see Oprah.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©