Recent Posts

Monday, July 6, 2020

Day 106, 107 of Sheltering In

Saturday, Sunday. Saturday, 4th of July we stayed home. I prepped the dips, and cut up a block of cheese  for my daughter’s group home. My wife had cooked the Dr Pepper pulled pork. I bought a huge boneless pork shoulder that was plenty for us and my daughter’s house for 2 meals each. Thursday-? I think was the day my son and I shopped for our 4th and my daughter’s group home party. My son somehow got his hand stuck in the grocery cart under the box we got for the stuff we were taking to my daughter’s. Idiot me reaches in and tries to lift the box. OMG! THE PAIN! THE STUPIDITY! I screamed out in pain, cuz I’m not one to be quiet about REALLY bad pain. It felt like something tore behind my right shoulder. Apparently the asshats parked next to us thought this was hilarious! They made no offer to help and just stood there and laughed. Apparently my son and I were a hilarious, hoot and a half comedy show. Forktards! I really dislike people in M-town. This happened after I had a really nice gentleman offer to get me bbq sauce from the tippy-top shelf. It’s never there, they keep reshuffling the aisles. He was really nice, got me 1, and asked if I needed anything else. 

I made 2 containers of Taco Dip and 2 of French onion dip. One set for us, one set for my daughter’s house. I also cut up 2 large watermelon. One for us, one for my daughter’s house. As soon as I finished the watermelon, we tackled our Taco Dip. It’s just refried beans mixed with a little taco seasoning layer, then salsa layer, then light sour cream layer, then shredded Colby Jack cheese, then sliced black olives. It’s always a favorite at our house.

Sunday we loaded up a box with everything from the fridge, plus chips, bbq sauce, hamburger buns, and a HUGE tray of star sugar cookies.  We put in some ice packs in between the items from the fridge, then we headed over to my daughter’s group home. We didn’t visit long, I don’t recall what the time restriction was, but I’m sure we were in compliance. Two ladies came out to watch my daughter make trips back and forth to bring everything inside and reheat the Dr Pepper pulled pork. One of the ladies was Nutjob. She was actually nice! And she was smiling! Not her usual scowl. She didn’t talk much, but when she did she was nice.

Everyone at the group home really enjoyed the eats. One of the girls scooped up a serving of the taco dip and ate it with a spoon, no tortilla chips. She said it looked so good she couldn’t wait for the chips. Lol!

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©