Recent Posts

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Sunday Stealing-Love Me Some Surveys


 
Hi! Our host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves! 

 
Stolen from LoveMeSomeSurveys
 

 

 

1. Ignoring nutrition, could you live off veggies for the rest of your life? I’m sure many might not believe it, but I went vegetarian for 2 years. I also had a health club membership and went 5-6 days a week. I didn’t have a rigorous routine. I did recumbent bike, treadmill, walked laps, and went swimming. It was part of my getting ready to date. I lost quite a bit of weight. Now I want to get on track and work up to going vegetarian, but vegetables and too expensive and I lost some benefits, so unless they return I am stuck with what I can afford. By the way, I refuse to buy the Beyond Meat products. I’ll eat TVP, Boca Burgers, Morning Star anything…fake riblets, fake chicken. 

2. Elaborate on a way you have volunteered? Geek 🚨. I volunteered for Children’s Memorial Telethon and Muscular Dystrophy Telethon when I lived in Milwaukee. I tabulated the pledges along with a couple of my staff, and some other accountants. We had to work quickly when they were getting ready to go to the tote board, so we could get caught up counting the stacks of pledges. I did the Children’s Memorial Telethon several years. Muscular Dystrophy Telethon just once. We had to take bundles of pledges and use an adding machine and attach the tape totals to each bundle. I’m super fast on the adding machine, so I tabulated a lot of pledges. 

3. Can you walk in heels, or do you feel awkward in them? Me? Heels? Are you kidding? I have 2 pairs of pumps that are basically flats. Did I even get the terminology right? I’m not a girly girl, but when I had to dress up for interviews that’s what I wore. Remember clogs in the ‘70’s? I did a face plant the first and last time I wore them in high school.

4. Any TV shows you sit down weekly to watch? There’s not much on now since just about every show is on hiatus for the summer. I watch SNL, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. I also watch The Connors just to see the train wreck it has become. There are a bunch of series I stream…Flight Attendant, Kim’s Convenience Store, Manifest, Grace & Frankie, and a lot more I can’t think of now.

5. Will you tell someone if there’s something in their teeth? If I notice it I try to discreetly point it out. 

6. Do you ever actually make your bed? Yes.

7. Do you make an effort to eat healthy? I try, but after 9pm I go off the rails. I crave carbs like crazy. I really should eat 3 meals a day with very small portions of carbs, but I’ve been eating 2 meals a day with very little carbs. I think that’s the problem. I’m going overboard at mealtime by severely limiting carbs, which makes me crave them later.

8. What kind of booze did you last take shots of? I really can’t recall because it’s been such a long time ago. I sometimes drink whiskey or bourbon neat, does that count? In my 20’s I’d drink kamikazies, Yukon Jack, schnapps (no longer a fan of ANY schnapps).

9. What’s something you want to purchase next time you’re at the mall? What is a mall? I’d rather shop online…no need for a parking space (my driveway is fine) no need to walk around (bad knees and back and PT 3 times a week for 2.5 hours is plenty), more selection and if I don’t find my size in the store I have to convince the cashier to call other stores and hold what I want, then drive over to the location that has my size. Online I can just try a different store, and on some shopping sites with brick and mortar stores I can check stock before I leave the house. The mall in J Town and OP are scary places.

10. What were you doing at 10:00 this morning? Getting in the car to go to my father-in-law’s to celebrate Father’s Day and my wife did laundry. I didn’t want to go and consequently I kept to myself. My Mom died 37 years ago 06/19. I really wanted to stay home, but my wife vetoed that.

11. What do you miss the most about your past? My parents. 

12. Last time you were really happy? This is a difficult question. I’m not in a good place because of the anniversary of my Mom’s death, and Father’s Day is Sunday. He’s also gone. It’s really hard to ever get to spend time just with my wife because of my adult special needs kids. My son lives with us, so unless we escape for fast food lunch, that’s about it because we don’t like to leave him home alone. It’s not really that I feel he would be unsafe, it’s just that if we go out he gets more depressed when we tell him it’s a date, not a family outing. When we do get to go out, just me and the Mrs, that’s happy time no matter where we go. 

13. Did you get a full 8 hours of sleep last night? Since the car accident in 2016 I never sleep that long. I’m lucky to get 5-6 hours sleep. I don’t nap in the daytime like my wife does. She’s got her sleep flipped to up all night and sleep all day. I keep trying to explain how to correct that (1 day you just stay up all night and the next day and the next day go to bed at a reasonable hour). She has yet to try it. It’s worked for me.

14. Have you spoken to your mother or father today? They are both in heaven.

15. Are you good at filling awkward silences? I guess that would depend on the reason for the awkward silence and the people involved. If it’s a homophobic hater, I have better uses of my time. At my most recent job, all but my new supervisor were haters, so I kept to myself unless I had business to discuss.

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2021

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

My sleep cycls is similar to your wife's.

Is Alexandra Billings on The Connors?

Lori said...

I like Manifest too. I think I heard it got cancelled though. I hated the way it ended. :( Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

I don't watch much TV. I don't think I'm missing out on much. I'd rather read. Today is my mother's birthday, and she has passed on, so this is a hard day for me, too.

Kim said...

70s clogs rule! I found a pair of practically brand-new Connie's clogs after my mother passed (who was also named Connie), and I brought them home. I wear them all the time. LOVE!

http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/06/20/sunday-stealing-love-me-some-surveys/

Lolasdiner said...

I am very behind on Manifest. Maybe I can catch up this week. I don’t have PT again til Thursday and Friday.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©