Recent Posts

Friday, July 2, 2021

Sunday Stealing-WATTPAD

4 July 2021

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud). Cheers to all of us thieves!


 

Stolen from Wattpad

 

 1. 3 things I love:

 My immediate family.
• 

2. Last song I listened to:

“Living in America” James Brown.

3. Turn offs:
Homophobia.
Hate.
Liars.

4. What color underwear are you wearing right now?
Blue.

5. How many tattoos do you have?
None.

6. How many piercings do you have?
Two in each ear, all closed.

7. Meaning behind my URL:
Lolasdiner.blogspot.com I wanted a blog to cover all the topics on the Guest Check below. I thought back to the diners and lunch counters of my youth and recalled how there were regulars who sat around drinking coffee and talking about all those topics. There were very few of those diners and lunch counters when I was young. In Milwaukee, WI there were Goldman’s lunch counter, Woolworth’s lunch counter, and George Webb’s and that’s really all I remember. The only one that still exists is George Webb’s, and there are only a few left. You went for breakfast, late night burgers or their famous chili. There was also the donut shop on 27th street and the Dunkin Donuts on Layton Avenue. That particular Dunkin Donuts had their regulars and their coffee chat about topics of the day. When I win the lottery I’d like to own a real diner.



8. What I find attractive in other people.

• A sense of humor.
• Intelligent conversation.
• A great smile that brings a sparkle to their eyes.  

9. Something that’s currently worrying me.
Covid-19 and the new variants that are popping up. My finances. My daughter’s finances. I also worry about the apartment my daughter is supposed to be moving into. Others have already started moving in, but my daughter is still waiting for official approval. I also worry about how she is supposed to afford a bedroom set (twin bed) because the agency claims my daughter’s current one was paid for by the agency and not out of my daughter’s funds. I don’t have the money for it, nor does my daughter. All her other furniture is either my hand me downs, or things I picked up over the last couple of years and stores away.

10. Something that’s constantly on my mind.
My wife and my adult children’s health and welfare.

11. My favorite store.
Meijer is kind of my favorite. It’s got groceries, clothing, shoes, hardware, garden center, just about everything.

12. What I did yesterday.
Thursday I went to physical therapy for 2 hours. Usually 2.5 hours, but I pulled something in my left shoulder when I opened the shower curtain that morning. I can’t and shouldn’t do anything with that shoulder until it calms down. I just got back full range of motion and then I just HAD to open the shower curtain! It’s ridiculous! I’m getting so old! I also went grocery shopping.

13. My favorite blog:
I like all the blogs from the people who participate in Sunday Stealing.

14. Someone I miss:
My parents. Mom passed away in 1984, and Dad in 1990. I really wish my kids would have known them. Yes, I tell my kids stories about them, but it’s just not the same as them being here and giving them hugs and teaching their grandchildren some of the things my parents taught me.

15. Reason why I follow Sunday Stealing:
It’s the only time I have readers for my blog.

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2021

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

LOL...I'm glad Sunday Stealing gets your readers for your blog! I always enjoy reading it.

Plastic Mancunian said...

#3 - Totally agree with your list too.

Great answer for #7 too.

:o)

Cheers

PM

LA Paylor said...

Oh I LOVE your answers... the community of this group is a good connection isn't it? LeeAnna

Lori said...

I totally understand on #12. I was just getting dressed this week and hurt my back. I think it is starting to get better now though. Loved your answers. Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

You had great answers to these questions. I appreciate your effort to take part on Sunday Stealing because I can relate to pain issues. Sometimes you just want to say to hell with it all and spend the day in bed!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©