Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Randomness

Not been feeling well. For whatever reason the arthritis in my back and knee became extremely painful and I started having nearly constant cramps in my left calf and intermittent cramps in my left thigh. I walk like The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I try as best I can to force myself to straighten up and stand, walk upright, normal. When this started 3 months ago I had great difficulty getting up from the floor. This was after 2 falls. (I’m fine, I just have problems with balance.) To get upstairs I have to start out crawling up the stairs because they are angled and nothing to hold onto. I’ve just felt so old…useless. I’ve actually been seriously considering getting an upright walker. It forces you to stand upright instead of the hunched over your body insists on, and you can walk upright with really no fear of losing my balance. They are very expensive, so I haven’t pulled the trigger on that purchase.

I had been going to PT for the back, hip, knee pain. I battled through 2 visits and was in such pain after the 2nd visit that I started canceling appointments. The left calf and thigh cramps began after the 2nd visit. 

I’ve had so many medical appointments every single week, until I started canceling PT and my doctors started stretching out follow up visits. That open time allowed me to catch up on paperwork and phone calls. I spent the entire day being referred to a different agency, then another, and another. Then I get referred back to the original, who referred me to the agency that referred me to them. I was so frustrated, but I was determined to get to an answer. The answer was that the state and federal do not play nice together in that they don’t share needed information, or they take their time sharing information. The other day’s calls still need follow up this week. GAH!

My body has calmed down somewhat, though the cramps are awful. It’s mostly at the end of the day that the back, hip and knee pain is really bad. I’ve been able to start the stairs standing instead of crawling. So that’s something. I’m standing slightly more upright and forcing myself further upright. I’m not going to get down on the floor to see if I do better getting up. Nope!

Potassium helps with cramps, but I’m not allowed to take vitamins or supplements because of my kidney issue. So, I start my day with a banana, and end my day with a serving of tonic water. (No gin. I’m no fun! I do love gin and tonics, but think it’s best to just do tonic.) Tonic water, after 4 weeks of daily drinks it is supposed to lessen cramps. I’m almost 2 weeks in, we’ll see.
Lola’s Diner © 2008-2022

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©