Recent Posts

Friday, December 19, 2008

Blogojevich will fight, fight, fight

Transcript of Governor Blagojevich's Statement to the Media Courtesy of the Chicago Tribune.

Blagojevich "I will fight, I will fight, I will fight. Until I take my last breath. I have done nothing wrong." "Now I'm dying to answer these charges, I am dying to show you how innocent I am."

Is he serious?

He quoted Rudyard Kipling? Excuse me, but I don't think Rudyard Kipling had politicians in mind when he wrote the poem "If" that Blagojevich quotes from. I would ask that Blagojevich look at the first line of the second paragraph of that same poem that says:
"And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: If you can dream -- and not make dreams your master, If you can think -- and not make thoughts your aim."

I think the problem here for Blagojevich is that he has made his dreams his master. Wouldn't you say?

The FBI have him on tape for cryin out loud. Media reports have him or his attorney's questioning the legality of the FBI's wiretaps. Ummmm, regardless if the wiretaps were legal, don't the tapes imply that he is NOT innocent, that he broke the law? I'm not saying the FBI wiretaps were illegal, but let's play 'what if' for a moment.
'If' the wiretaps were illegal then:
1. He didn't say those things?
2. He didn't swear worse than most truckers?
3. He didn't try to sell President Elect Obama's Senate seat?

So, 'IF' the wiretaps were illegal, then he is innocent?
Former Illinois Treasurer Judy Barr Topinka was on WGN 720am radio earlier this week and made allegations that while she was in office people came to her office to complain that Blagojevich wouldn't take an appointment with them unless they dropped $10,000. She was his former opponent for Governor, I'm curious to know why she now has the urge to come forward. The media is reporting that the FBI has been investigating Blagojevich for the last 5 years. The timing of his arrest is quite interesting, don't you think?

Blagojevich "But I have on my side the most powerful ally there is, and it's the truth. And besides, I have the personal knowledge that I have not done anything wrong."

(Note to self: The most powerul ally is the truth.)

Well as long as he has "personal knowledge" that he has not done anything wrong.

What was the FBI thinking?

Drop those charges, he has "personal knowledge" of his innocence!

2 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Delusions of grandeur.
Which I am sure he would deny as well.

Lola said...

I am Harriet,

I completely agree.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©