Recent Posts

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Get Off My Lawn/Busted Part 2

Remember my post Get Off My Lawn/Busted? This morning when I heard a lot of barking at about 8:55am. I looked out the window, saw the dog off leash on a neighbor's property and went to retrieve my camera. When I returned to the window at 9am an Animal Control van had already pulled up.

Seems like Anastasia and I are not the only ones fed up with this dog/dog owner. Within minutes another Animal Control van pulled up in the opposite direction. Both vans were nose to nose. At one point the dog owner came out, but never put the dog on leash. Apparently Animal Control van #1 was writing up citations.

The dog was running between and around the vans, jumping up on Animal Control van #2's driver door and just plain flaunting his/her off-leashness. At one point a mom in a mini-van tried to pass the 2 Animal Control vans blocking her lane and the dog started prancing around in front of her in the road. She had to stop several minutes and wait for him to move. At no point did Animal Control make the owner put the dog on leash and at no point did they remove the dog. WTF? The dog could have been run over had the mini-van driver not been paying attention. Maybe that's what they're hoping for? This neighbor has gotten citations at least 3 times (that I know of) in the last 10 days. One would think that would be expensive and would make one more diligent about keeping ones dog on a leash or tie-out.

At least it's good to know that we aren't the only ones calling, though I'm sure the owner probably did see me in one of my front windows trying to snap photos. I managed just one, but because the window screen makes the photos so blurry, there's wasn't much point to taking them. That orangey brown blob to the right of the front of the van is the dog.

After the 2 Animal Control vans left the guy put his dog on a tie-out by the tree and and in true drummer boy (aka Metallica-head) fashion, he started playing his drums, ear bleedingly loud. How do I know this? Because I was in my house, with all the doors and windows shut tight, and I had headphones on attached to the laptop watching a dvd. Yes! Headphones on, inside my house, with the doors and windows shut and I could still hear his dang drums from across the street. By the time I got my Flip camera he had stopped playing. Maybe next time, then I'll have an excuse to learn how to upload videos so you too can enjoy his drumming. LOL!

Lola's Diner
©2008-2009

1 comment:

I am Harriet said...

Poor dog.
Metallica should consider FINDING A JOB or going to school. Just a thought.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©