Recent Posts

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Anniversary and things

On Friday my daughter had her 1 year anniversary at her job as a grocery bagger. My son and I did a Sam’s Club run and picked up a cake and had them write Happy 1 year and her name.

I always try to make sure I go a little overboard when it comes to my kids’ milestones because it is a very big  deal for someone with a serious mental illness to reach any milestone. To get a job and hold a job and to work the same job for a year is really a major accomplishment. Needless to say my daughter was over the moon when we brought the cake out. My spouse thought it was a bit much, but then she didn’t live through their illnesses for the last 11 years and the 25 hospitalizations. So we had a nice celebration.

I talked to my daughter more about the things she needs for her new place. We talked interior design. She really loves the table I snagged and has been driving me crazy about 2 end tables I found that would match well but haven’t been able to set a pickup. They are also MCM and blonde. Crossing my fingers that I can snag them. We talked about how to refinish and came up with some really cool ideas. We also talked about colors. She probably can’t paint any walls or doors, but colors can come from many places. Bathroom towels, rugs; kitchen towels, rugs; wall art, dishes, kitchen canisters, cookware. So lots of places color can be used. I asked her what kind of kitchen canisters. I mentioned Apple, sunflower, grapes, locking canisters, and retro canisters, Kromex Brushed Stainless that I inherited from my Mom. Of course she picked the Kromex. I won’t part with mine, but they can be had on Etsy, and possibly thrift stores.

She noticed the Fiestaware cups and saucers I scored. I told her those go with my set. I’m hoping she doesn’t have Fiestaware taste. I’m kind of hoping for Corelle taste. I’ve seen a lot of it thrifting. 

We are taking it slow, picking up items from thrift when I can. No refinishing will start until all the pieces have been collected. My son will help with the refinishing. It’s going to be fun. I could definitely use  some fun.

Lola’s Diner c2008-2018


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©