Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Need a vacation

Sooo today I had to take my son to his appointment in Oak Brook. This is the second time, normally my spouse drives him. All day I had extreme anxiety over this drive. I hate it. My phone navigation app navigates the route with roads I very much dislike. I don’t like taking Bell Road or Hwy 83. My Tom Tom is MIA. I could easily re-route on that to avoid those roads.

The two year anniversary of the major car accident is in 6 days. I still will not drive the stretch of road where the accident happened. Oh, and my tailgate I took back 3 times to the car repair place treated me like a stupid woman, told me nothing was wrong with it. There was a slight rattle that is very noticeable. That tailgate is now unusable because all the lock assembly is rattling in the tailgate. I’ll have to pay for it, keep the receipt and wish for reimbursement. 

We left on time and arrived on time, however, the drive was not uneventful. Driving on 83, there is an intersecting road before 22nd Street. No signals, no stop signs. Traffic in my direction is going 65-70mph. I come up on that intersecting road and a huge white Suburban shoots out in front of me. I slam the brakes, the BMW directly behind me slam their brakes, I’m panicking and praying at the same time. I don’t see the BMW’s grill and headlights. I slam the brakes, the white Suburban passes and I hit the gas. Somehow I left the BMW in the dust...it didn’t hit me. I get to my son’s appointment and I’m shaking.

Appointment over and the panic sets in again. I remember seeing a ramp for I55 South and I take it, then I see I355 South and I take it. The drive is much shorter than the route there and I get home with no issues.

Still having horrible headaches. Will get ahold of my doctor when they open.

Lola’s Diner c2008-2018

2 comments:

Lin said...

Ugh. Driving in Chicagoland is an adventure, isn't it? I'm not sure how you would get around any of those busy roads and still get where you are going. It's sort of a free-for-all...everyone doing whatever the heck they want. Scary drive!

Lolasdiner said...

It was definitely a free-for-all on 83. What is the mindset of a person who shoots across a 3 lane Hwy where cars at going 65-70. Do they want to get into an accident? Or is it just the thrill of seeing if you can make it? My Tom Tom gives multiple route options, so alternates are possible. My spouse stuck it somewhere. It will be found by Sunday night. My daughter has an appointment at COD and staff is refusing to take her. She can’t miss it because it’s with her pulmonologist for her asthma.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©