Recent Posts

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Home Printer/Scanners are NOT da bomb

They suck. I have several Printers and Printer/Scanners that should go to Electronics Recycling but my community no longer does this. 

The Epson XP-430 Printer/Scanner I bought about 2 years ago which I currently use was about to go sailing out the 2nd floor window even though I just bought an almost $50 4-pack of black and color ink cartridges. It wasn’t because of the ridiculous amount of black ink it sucks dry. That would be reason enough. However, it takes an eternity to scan a 25 page document, with each page taking about 3 minutes and for some mysterious reason it doesn’t scan at 100%.  The documents that came with the printer said to use a particular Scan Mode, Full Auto Mode, which I did, religiously, until today. It seems the recommended Full Auto Mode is the slowest and is apparently there to aggravate the consumer to run out and buy a new Printer/Scanner. Nope, not me. I fiddled with the other settings and found that Office Mode takes literally seconds to scan a page AND can easily be configured to scan pages at 100%. The scan quality is even better.

I can’t even tell you how much time was wasted waiting for this overgrown paperweight to scan at 3 minutes per page. I can’t get that time back.

Printer/Scanners in order of suckage:
Brother Printer/Scanner/Fax which stops ALL functionality when an ink cartridge needs to be replaced. That means no faxing, no scanning, and no uploading from a micro SD card. NOTHING can be done, except remove the paper and put it into a different printer that doesn’t hold you hostage and make an expensive machine unusable until you replace 1 ink cartridge.

Epson XP-430 which sucks ink at incredible speeds and which recommends the absolute worst Scan Mode for home use.

I’m not printing, I finished printing about 5 minutes ago and I just heard the print heads move, no doubt sucking more ink needlessly.

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2018

1 comment:

Mr Bond said...

This blog is very informative information i'm so glad to visit your sites. Same Day Courier

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©