Recent Posts

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Rice is great!!!!

One of the kids dropped their iPhones in water 3 days ago. 

I sent them to the pantry for a bag of white rice. I poured the rice in a gallon ziplock bag, then buried the phone while we all said a prayer. The first of many since then. 

It took a lot for me not to check on it...until tonight. I wanted to remove the SIM card and check for water inside. Good news, tray and SIM card were dry. I checked with a flashlight, no evidence of water inside that I could see. Hallelujah! 

I’m charging it now. It powered up. Another hallelujah! I’m also doing a backup, since one has never been done. To them it’s just a music player, game player they text constantly on and snap a few photos. But if those photos disappeared? They would be devastated! No worries now.

So white rice does save iPhones! Just for snicks and grins I stuck my hand in the bag of rice. It wasn’t soggy, but it definitely absorbed the water. My hand immediately got cold when slipping it in where the phone has sat. That’s my highly scientific test, feel free to use it.

How do you stop someone from listening to their iPhone while doing the dishes, using the facilities, or showering? Gah! This has to stop! Keep it in a deep front pocket or put it in a zipped pocket of your jacket. Momma’s not replacing any phones that go for a dive. I bought your most recent phones, I’m done!

I’m still saying prayers this phone is ok. I’m still paying for it. I loved the days of signing a 2 year contract and getting a phone for free. Shoot! I’d sign a 4 year contract!

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2018


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©