Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

How can I live without a microwave oven?

Today I was told that yesterday our microwave oven exploded. Well, not exploded, but end result is the same. LOUD sound, not working. That happened yesterday morning, so my spouse left it unplugged since then. She plugs it in tonight, it sounds like a microwave oven aircraft carrier. She unplugs it. I say I’m going to go check to see what’s on sale. She says, well let’s try it again in the morning. I’m not even joking!

This really sux because the car is going in on Thursday. (It’s going to cost $240 to fix. We have to drive it for 150 miles so the computer resets before I can take it for the emissions test. So that’s, $50 in gas, maybe more? And we have nowhere to go, we’re just going to be driving around. Yes, I Googled. (It sounded whack, I had to check.) The OBD (on board diagnostic) has to reset by driving the car. 

I looked on all the store apps I can think of:  Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, Best Buy, BBB, Sears, Kmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, JC Penney, Macy’s. I can’t think of anything else. 

Walmart store won’t show the prices. All the other stores did not have any of the items I wanted in store, so I would have to ship to store or have it delivered in a WEEK! I can’t wait a week to microwave food! 

Here’s my post from January 2012:


So my microwave oven lasted almost 6 years. There is no way I’m waiting 2 weeks like I did for that one!

If it’s not one thing, it’s another...and another...

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2018

1 comment:

Lin said...

well, poop. You are about a month too late--we gave ours away to a junk collector when we finished our kitchen. Try asking for one on "freecycle"...you may have some luck.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©