Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Yeah I’m here

I had my first day of PT in 4 months. EVERYTHING hurts. I’m going to a different place. I briefly went there before and didn’t like it, don’t like it now. I like the chain PT place, but this is what my new insurance pays for. The “exercises” just aren’t “right”. The movements and the way they had me use the Pilates Ring is not right. It’s supposed to be used to build up the abs. The way they showed me to use it today does not affect my abs. If it did my abs would be hurting. They aren’t. And the ab pain would be mild to moderate. But my back and shoulders feel like they thought I was Stretch Armstrong and they pulled my arms and back too much and tied me in a pretzel knot. My lower back is burning. Burning is not good. Dr Google does not say good things about lower back burning. If I sleep tonight and still feel it in the morning I’m going to call whichever doctor I can get ahold of, back doctor or PCP. 

After PT I went to pick up my spouse’s prescriptions at CVS Target and bought a microwave oven. I just didn’t stroll in and grab one, I researched a lot online. I spent less than $100 and it’s the same size and wattage as the old one.
It matches the fridge and the toaster oven/convection oven. So most of the kitchen is stainless steel and the rest is Bisque. It all works so I’m fine with it. 

Time to take some serious pain medication. I really hope Dr Google is wrong. 

Update:
The pain medication got me to fall asleep.  I did not take 1, I took 2. The Rx label said 1-2, I never noticed that. After about 2 hours I was awake and painfully tossing and turning. No more sleep and every time I got up for the bathroom I did the hunchback walk because I couldn’t stand up straight. I called my PCP when they opened at 7:30am. He is on vacation so I made an appointment with another doctor in the practice. Normally they don’t do that, but when the receptionist asked why I needed to see a doctor she kind of quietly gasped. So my spouse just called and told me what the PT staff said. They claim the burning means it’s healing. I don’t know what kind of crack they are smoking, but they need to put down the pipes. I’ve had this before, it means damage.

Update 2:
The car cost less than the estimate, but there’s bad news. Catalytic Converter, 1 bad strut, and something my spouse can’t remember.

The doctor I saw didn’t want to do a CT scan or order an MRI. He adjusted how I take my current pain meds (more often) and told me to follow up with my usual doctor end of next week. And no PT unless I get cleared for it at my follow up.

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2018

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©