Recent Posts

Monday, December 10, 2018

Side-Tracked Sunday

So remember how my Christmas tree was to be up by Sunday night without fail? Yup, fail. However, much was accomplished.

The end tables were wrapped for storage in the attic. The dining room chairs were finally removed from my car and wrapped for storage. The dining room closet was gone through and we found a few treasures. Found my VHS-C to VHS converter so we can watch some videos from when the kids were little on  Christmas Eve or Day. That was a cool find. I can’t wait to watch them. Found a power tool everyone claimed they couldn’t find (someone, not me, put it in the closet). Found a DVD player for our next project room. Found my receiver so we can hook up my spouses surround sound system upstairs. When watch any channel on Roku the sound drops and we have trouble hearing programs even at max volume. We also found a certain hair cutting device popular in the late 80’s. My son’s hair is out of control, kind of Peter Brady near the end of the series, but unkempt. So he will be our first...ahem...volunteer. I usually cut his hair with electric clippers and do a darn good fade, so if anything goes awry, I can make it into a fade.  Lol! I think this will be quite entertaining. Also found my bookshelf cd sound system, which will make a nice gift for my daughter. 

The closet clearout is done. This should allow for a bookcase to reside there for the holidays so we can move furniture around to make room for the tree. 

Daughter going back in the am and spouse has PT. I don’t expect much progress Monday, however, my son is in the holiday spirit and anxious to get decorating for the holidays. 

Not much I can do other than supervise, but I can start researching the menu for the holidays. I’ll do that in bits and pieces so I don’t aggravate my back. I feel some of the low carb side dishes for thanksgiving bombed. Anyone who says otherwise is just being kind. I think the only way to get a palatable dish is to mix some regular carb food into the low carb. I may just go rogue and find some low carb dishes that aren’t trying to imitate a high carb dish. 😯

This week should be much less stressful than last. I have only one appointment, and both doctors were happy with my MRI results. Next check-up MRI is June.

Lola’s Diner cc  2008-2018

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©