Recent Posts

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Tree update

We are moving closer. There has been some progress.

The bookcase has moved to the dining room closet and my daughter’s love seat has been moved. Not much was accomplished yesterday because my daughter needed a ride to PT. Thankfully she had a cookie decorating event by us and caught a ride with her group back to her house. 

Car issues again. I didn’t want to drive far after I saw what it was. Looks like a rear brake caliper rusted and broke, so I’ve got 3 brakes instead of 4. (Caliper holds the brake pad against the drum to achieve braking) My spouse took the car to the shop today. Our mechanic, what a sweetie, he kept trying to reassure my spouse, if my diagnosis is correct the part will be $60 + a little for labor, but he won’t know til he takes it apart. He’s always teasing my spouse about our key fob. The screw kept loosening so I bought a rubber cover on Amazon to protect it and keep it together. 
He calls it a key condom.

Anyway, vacuuming and carpet shampooing will commence today. Fans are out of storage and at the ready to speed up drying. If all goes really well, boxes could come down tonight, otherwise tomorrow and then the tree assembly can begin. Or as I’ve been calling it “The Santafication Process Can Begin!” It’s a riff on one of the Tim Allen Santa Clause movies where an elf says “The Desantafication Process Has Begun!” I think it’s the 2nd movie where he has to find a wife.  Yeah, I’m weird like that.

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2018





No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©