Recent Posts

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Is it possible to not complain about anything for a day?

In these 2 cases I feel justified. 

Let’s start with the most recent. My daughter texts me to tell me she fell through the porch at her group home. Text. Fell. Through. Porch. Text! Seriously, text! I made her call me ASAP. Her voice was quiet (which it NEVER is.) And she sounded shaken. I ended up driving over there at 9pm and I dragged my spouse along. Wow! Someone was cranky! Anyway, spouse took a bunch of photos and I took several videos of the damaged area. My daughter AND 2 housemates have fallen through this area of the porch, today. No medical attention was offered to my daughter or her housemates. They were not even offered ice! Not even sure if they have fallen more than today. Anyway, the board is cracked in several places and is no longer nailed or screwed to the joists below. If you step on it (which is necessary because of its location and the location of the door that opens onto the porch) the board flips up and foot goes down below the porch. If another person were standing on the step the board would smack them in the face.

We arrived at 9:30pm. My daughter had told me that staff made a report, however, since it was serious enough to make a report (which it is) one would think that area would be blocked off, covered with a scrap of wood, or in some way marked to warn people. Nope. Nada. Nothing. We will be monitoring this. What fun! I just spent an entire week trying to get them to give my daughter 2 prescriptions, prescribed the week before. So tired of these games. I really feel for the other clients who do not have family advocating and insuring their loved one receives their medications as prescribed.

I really didn’t want to remove the ice from my back and get out of bed to check out the above incident, but I had to. I was rear ended. At Meijer. In the checkout lane. By a lady who lunches. Of course. She was obviously in a hurry to get back to whatever was more important. There were 4 feet of clearance to my right to allow people to get by the checkout lanes. The woman straight up rammed the back of the electric cart I was seated in. HARD. Either she is blind as fork, or she was on her cell phone not paying attention. She rammed me, I yelled “what do you think you’re doing?” She comes around on the right, where she should have gone in the first place, slaps me on the shoulder twice and says “oh I’m so sorry” and then takes off to cut in line 3 lanes over. Yes! Cut in line. Needless to say the people she tried to cut didn’t allow it because they saw what happened because I called attention to it, and because you don’t cut the line at checkout!

I came home, shooting pain, sciatica, and my balance is more off than usual. Started ice packs as soon as I got home. Why do people have to be so careless and incredibly rude? I was waiting in the checkout lane just like everyone else, except for this woman who obviously felt she was more important and entitled than all the rest of us waiting. Did she think if she took me out she could take my place in line?

I need to re-think what time of day to shop. I went then because my daughter wanted to shop. We had free lunch at the car dealer. BBQ. Then went to Meijer. This is the 2nd time I’ve been rammed into at a grocery store. I’m tired of being assaulted at the grocery store. 

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2019


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©