Recent Posts

Thursday, July 11, 2019

This and that

Went to the doctor yesterday. A1C same as last visit. Doctor was happy and he encouraged me. He knows what’s going on. We talked about my headaches and memory issues. He told me to bring them up with my neurologist next month. He thinks my headaches are tension headaches. Imagine that! He doesn’t think diabetes is causing them. I always make sure I’m hydrated and never leave the house without taking water to go. I even pack a cooler if we’re running errands. Sparkling water and ice packs, protein bars, and a pouch of frosting just in case. He prescribed something that might offer some relief until I talk to the neurologist. I have to titrate it up so it builds in my system, so it could be weeks before I notice an improvement, but at least it’s something.

Going for coffee with my daughter tomorrow. Going to discuss my theory about her behavior. Gonna make her “straighten up and fly right”, as my Dad used to say. I had no idea what that meant when I was a kid, cuz I was the “good kid”. Really! 

I NEED some new shows to binge watch or new movies. I am running out of stuff that appeals to me. You would think with Netflix, Hulu, and Prime that wouldn’t be an issue. I don’t care for horror movies or series. Don’t care for “period” pieces. And can’t read subtitles, so Mafia Dolls and at least 6 other series I tried to start are foreign films, series. 

And...my birthday is coming up. How do I know this? Cuz my daughter brings it up at least twice every day! It’s not that it bothers me because of my age, it’s because I am always expected to come up with what to do and what I want for my birthday. Can’t I just once not be the event planner and gift suggester? I don’t really mean “event”, it’s just my immediate family. It would be more accurate to say “what to do”. I don’t have a clue, but even though we’ve done it before, running through the sprinkler sounds like fun. Ok, not running, more like strolling slowly with my cane.

I think Drummer Boy’s house is off the market. It wasn’t in the For Sales in the Zillow report I just read. I don’t know if that means it’s off the market or if a contract is pending. In other neighborhood news, the new neighbor, the one who’s son drives a whooptie car (they bought Mr. Friendly’s house from the frat boys who rehabbed it) waved to my spouse on Sunday. I wave nearly every time I see them. Crickets. Whateves! Maybe an unfriendly neighbor or more accurately, one who doesn’t acknowledge anyone’s existence, is a good neighbor? Not going to be threatened with a Donnybrook on the front lawn if you don’t acknowledge each other’s existence. Right? What’s to not like or disagree with the other? Nothing, because there is no communication.

Is crime going crazy where you are? For the last 6 months our area has been hit hard with car break ins, car theft, home burglary, home invasion, and smash and grab at local businesses. 10 businesses over 2 days were hit, cinderblock through the front door. 

Lola’s Diner cc  2008-2019

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©