Recent Posts

Monday, August 5, 2019

More on vacation and other things

Don’t want to jinx it, but the entire family got along famously. And my sister bought us all lunch Friday  and before she left to return to work she hugged me. Yes, you read that correctly. MY SISTER BOUGHT US ALL LUNCH! AND HUGGED ME. She never buys and usually doesn’t hug me. It’s not because I avoid it or try to duck out of it, she just usually doesn’t. My spouse even noticed!

Did I mention everyone got along? It was a true miracle, one I hope continues. Even up until we dropped my daughter off at her group home! My daughter was texting me after I got home. I congratulated her on her appropriate behavior from Wednesday to Monday. A new world record! I told her to remember what she did so next home visit she can model the same behaviors. I also congratulated my son. 

My spouse says she wants to go back to the fair tomorrow! She loved it! Even though we did not get the entire fair experience, she loved it! We got there later than planned and headed to all the weird food places we wanted to try. They were spread out all over, making it time consuming. We missed a couple exhibition halls and the entire Bazaar area which is 10 times larger than the last time I was there. Would be nice to go another day and hit the areas we missed, the pig races too. So glad she enjoyed it. She already wants to start a piggy bank to save for next year. Lol!

My spouse and I are getting close to our normal pain levels. One night on a horrible hotel bed takes a long time to recover. We stayed at a major chain hotel. I’ve  stayed there many, many times over the years and never had a bad experience. The beds were basically taco beds with my spouse and I being the filling as we got into bed and rolled to the ditch in the center. Then we needed help getting out of the bed that sucked us in!  The bed base also had issues, unstable, creaky. There were other issues as well with the room phone and the hotel pool. I completed the survey emailed to me by the travel website I booked through accordingly. I also surfed to find how to give feedback to the hotel chain and notified them of our bad experience. I could swear the reply was from a bot, if not their customer service staff are morons. All my words were repeated back to me along with faux empathy. They gave me 10,000 rewards points on my rewards card. I looked up what 10,000 rewards points can get you. Basically a $20-$30 piece of junk that they claim retails for $30-$50. I’m sorry, did I mention my spouse and I have had our weekend ruined by the pain caused by a bed and mattress that clearly needs to be replaced? I’ve slept  on better beds/mattresses at the cheapest chains. I’ve been more comfortable camping! My spouse was expecting a free night hotel stay. Not so much. They actually had the nerve to email me back to ask if I was pleased how the situation was handled and if I would have the person who offered the 10,000 points handle my customer concerns in the future. That’s 2 big NO’s, and I stated my complaints again in that survey. No reply as yet. No matter how bad the hotel experience, I doubt that they give you a free do over.

Had a doozie of a conversation with our internet provider. I’ll give you a clue, they also do wireless and satellite tv. Got it? Yup. Our internet has been crap. That compounded by the fact that they took since November to finally bundle 2 services, and maybe they will finally get the billing correct next bill. Anyway, I get on the phone with tech support for internet and they tell us to reset the router which we had already done. They ask how many devices are connected to the internet. 5 at the time. He tells me to disconnect all but one. NO. I am not paying $64 a month to connect 1 device to the internet. What kind of nonsense is that? And besides, the speed isn’t going to be any faster with only one device connected when there is only so much juice (for lack of a better word) coming into my house. Right now it’s only going to go so fast, in this case go so slow. After an hour on the phone he finally books for a tech to come out Tuesday. I can’t wait. I can just sit and watch the show! My spouse is already loaded for bear and she is not gonna take any bullshirt. Last time they came out they said it was an issue on the pole. Mmm hmm. They think we are stupid. 

Scratch that ⬆️. Two out of 3 of us have a stomach bug. In trying to reschedule through their convoluted website I saw that we were charged for the the tech visit today so the rescheduled date is free. Ummm, NO. We are not being charged for any visit. At this point I don’t know if it’s a cancellation charge or what, but I’m not paying it. We cancelled an hour ago for the last appointment of the day. I am not going to get aggravated, my spouse will handle this. Oh, and they have us in their records as not having a security system. I guess the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. It’s all one big monopoly and they don’t share records? They sure do when they want to sell you another service. I can hear the tech already ‘well Mam, you have a security system so you need to upgrade and you can’t have 5 devices with that. Ummm, NO. We are not doing anything that will increase our bill. The well is dry. 

I Googled, we have “dog day cicadas” and the noise is maddening when you’re sitting on the sofa in the evening. Windows are behind the sofa. Not the 17 year cicada. We aren’t due for that until 2024.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2019

2 comments:

Lin said...

Summer cicadas are always loud. Maybe I will send my nutty wren over there to eat them!

Glad you had fun at the fair. I haven't been in years, but those darn cream puffs are always tempting me! We always eat a couple of those if we go.

I cannot stand a soft mattress, but I think I am in the minority on that. Seems that every place we stay has a soft mattress and I end up with a backache too. Like you--I do better in my sleeping bag in my tent.

Lolasdiner said...

I behaved. I split 1 cream puff with my daughter.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©