Recent Posts

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy thanksgiving 🔥🔥🔥

Happy thanksgiving!

What’s that saying? “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry”, Robert Burns poem “To A Mouse”.

I had a plan. An excellent plan. I wrote out my menu and researched what I could make in advance. Then made a schedule for Tuesday thru Thursday. Tuesday got whacked because of the plumber. Wednesday got whacked because my daughter’s team lead deliberately took my daughter’s money to her job instead of meeting me as planned. This wasted my entire afternoon because I had to go get it and deposit it into her account. It was stupid to drive all the way home only to have to turn around to go back to pick her up. Then when I got home I hurt so bad I took meds and went to bed.

So Thanksgiving day everything had to be cooked. Several things got cut because it was just too much to do in 1 day. Hence the reason I made a plan to split the prep and cook over 3 days. My son helped a lot. It was really great to see him at the stove sautéing onions and celery. He hasn’t cooked since his illness began. Before his illness he volunteered to cook entire meals all the time. Gourmet meals. They were always good.

It was quite late before we ate. My daughter had to work until 5. My spouse took over stuffing detail after my son did the sautéing and I did the seasoning. My spouse was taking turkey drippings to add to the stuffing. Brand new turkey baster. I was behind when my spouse started using the turkey baster. It exploded at me. Screaming hot turkey drippings. 🔥 Luckily my face and neck were missed. My shoulder, upper arm, wrist, chest, and thigh were hit. I immediately ran to the living room and tore off my jogging pants. (We did not have company, just immediate family. Wouldn’t that have been a sight if we had friends or relatives over?)  I wanted them off because I was afraid the material would melt and because I wanted to get the super hot drippings off my body.  Then I was literally pouring ice water on all the burns. (I am never without a tumbler of ice water.) We have nothing for burns. Tomorrow one of us will have to get aloe vera. I feel like crap right now.

Dinner was delicious. Even the new dish, corn pudding. Not the same corn pudding I had over 35 years ago, but close enough that I can tweak it next time I make it. After dinner it all went to hell in a hand basket over washing the dishes. If I hear “It’s not fair” one more time. Grrrrr.

The small engine repair guy rescheduled for Friday, 1pm. Makes it impossible to fit in the laundromat. Monday I have my MRIs, so I guess Tuesday will be laundry day.

We will probably hit 1 store in the name of Black Friday shopping. Meijer has shoes or boots buy one pair get one pair for $1. They have the sale every couple of months and it’s really the only time to buy shoes or boots. My daughter needs work shoes and my spouse needs boots. I think that will be it...and the aloe vera.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2019


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©