Recent Posts

Friday, January 17, 2020

Review: “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist” on NBC and Hulu

“Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist” Is a series on NBC and also showing on HULU.


A young woman is a coder, her father is going through some sort of degenerative brain disease. She decides to have a brain MRI to check herself out.


While she is in an MRI machine, there is an earthquake, during which the music played in the tube goes wonky and it’s like a psychedelic trip with music playing over a mash-up of colorful MRI brain scans and her face freaking out.


I have had a ton of MRI’s, so I probably found this a heck of a lot funnier than the average person. Zoey’s Mom says ‘her dad has had 7 brain MRIs, 3 more and we get a set of steak knives.’ I have had at least 3 times as many and joke about being close to filling my punchcard. I’m hoping for better than a set of steak knives. 😉


I can also say that you’re not allowed to talk while in the machine, unless the tech asks you a question. Also, you are not free to move your head...at all. In fact you’re head is locked in a cage to prevent movement.


As my son said, ‘it’s like a flash mob breaks out every time Zoey encounters someone’. I think that would be so cool! I think the thought of this really ups the appeal of people watching and brings it to a completely different level.


The songs that pop up are highly personal to the people who, to Zoey, appear to break out in song...only heard by her.


This is the first episode of the series. I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the season. 


I have no idea how they are going to progress the story, I have a bad feeling this story line won’t go far, but I will look forward to finally a new show with a few laughs, about something I can definitely relate to.


Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©