Recent Posts

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Day 16 of Sheltering In

So today did not start out well. My wife’s sister called her and woke her up at 6am to scream at her saying why can’t she drop off their dad’s handicap placard at MY house. I’m surprised our whole family wasn’t woken up. First of all, my wife has terrible pain and insomnia and had just fallen asleep around 4:30am. And Second of all, this handicap placard has nothing to do with us. Her sister is too damn lazy to drop it at her dad’s house. I don’t care that MY house is on her way to work. We didn’t borrow that truck for over 4 years and have ample opportunities to drop the placard at their dad’s house well before there even was a Coronavirus or sheltering in.

Shortly after 10am our pharmacy called because my insulin would not go through my insurance. That’s because my insurance is all jacked up because of Medicare. 

So, since I spent 4.5 hours on hold with a related government agency on Friday, I’m not looking forward to being on hold all day again. I’m thinking I should wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to call. Last week I got up early Monday and had 95 callers ahead of me. My anxiety is off the deep end. I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to try calling Monday.

I need some zen. I have a sewing machine and fabric. I know I can’t sit for long, but maybe I could get some masks started, and do a little every day or so, whatever my body will tolerate without punishing me later. I feel like I need to do something, you know? 

Not in a good place anxiety-wise. The thing with my sister in law started this. I’m high risk and finding out she may show up at MY house just set it off. It’s to the point I don’t want to leave the house to go to the pharmacy and the grocery store. Really the only thing we need is a ham for Easter, milk and bread. I keep thinking it’s 2 weeks away. It’s not. Then I think, why bother? My daughter can’t be here. I’m just not feelin’ the holiday. I feel like maybe when the quarantine (whatever you call it) is no longer necessary we should celebrate my daughter’s birthday the first weekend post quarantined, then the weekend later, celebrate Easter.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©