Recent Posts

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Day 48 of Sheltering In

Friday. Long day. Errand day, minus the porch drop. My daughter wasn’t too happy about that, but I didn’t do my regular grocery shop. I had to get pet food and supplies, and a Mother’s Day gift. Wife keeps telling me step moms don’t count. Umm, yeah they do and if anyone thinks I’m gonna pass on getting her a gift...you crazy! I had already gotten her a track outfit months ago, but she wanted fishing gear. So I got her a Shakespeare rod with the type of reel she wanted, bobbers and a tackle box. The rod and reel came with some fishing paraphernalia in a small box. My Kmart rod and reel wasn’t good enough. Whateves.

My daughter’s boyfriend is still in the hospital. They did bloodwork and x-rays. At least that’s all she found out from his mom. 

My daughter sounded better on the phone. She’s been conspiring with my wife for my Mother’s Day gift. It’s kind of funny the way she starts to say something about it and catches herself.

The village is giving away masks Saturday morning. You have to show ID and have a paper sign saying how many you need for your family. So the mayor of the village made a point in every post and newspaper article that they are only giving masks to “tax paying residents”. The Facebook comments about it devolved quickly. There were the comments about how masks are ineffective, they quoted articles...from 2010. Then there were those who got all uppity because ID is required and why are you specifying “tax paying residents”? One 31 year old would not let up about it. Turned out she grew up in the village but now lives in the next city. (Facebook profile). For some reason mentioning how she’s doing well for herself and doesn’t understand why paying $9,000 in property taxes one shouldn’t have to provide proof. First of all, people that live in the village pay several hundred dollars in property taxes due to property tax rebates. The township gets no such rebates. I live in the township and my taxes went up $500. So nice the Richy Riches and ladies who lunch get such a huge break. Apparently the mayor knew this woman, or is just very deft at handling...basically a heckler. He asked her if she paid those taxes living in her mom and dad’s basement.
                              🎤 
Burn! 🔥 I think comments were shut off shortly after that. 

I am praying I won’t have to spend the weekend in bed, medicated. My back is out. So out it left the building. So out, it’s like pre-surgery. I did not do anything unusual, nothing that would aggravate my back. I iced and medicated Friday night. I’m afraid when I wake up in the morning I won’t be able to get out of bed. I had to have my son help me get up from the couch. Not good at all.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©