Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Day 45 of Sheltering In

Tuesday.

I found out Tuesday my brother in law lost 4 coworkers to the coronavirus. It had been 1. Now I know why he trolls the Walmart when they open for cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, Clorox Wipes, etc. I would be terrified I were him.

Looks like corona cuts are coming soon. I’ve cut my son’s hair since he was a toddler, so I can safely say I know my way around buzz clippers. I recently started also using the Flowbee which I’ve used on my son twice with excellent results. It’s very time consuming when his hair is as long as it is now, but it’s either a Flowbee cut or a fade. My wife is still chicken. Hair grows back right? And it’s not like she leaves the house much. J/K She claims she’s going to use the buzz clippers on the sides. I wouldn’t recommend that. She’s never used them before, not even on another person. So....not a good idea. I am actually going to give the Flowbee a try for myself. It may be awhile before I can get to mine because I plan on cutting my son’s hair first, then my wife’s. All our hair is so long now it will require some scissor cutting. The guides for the Flowbee are only so long and it takes forever to do a haircut with the longest guide. If you’re wanting hair that long, it’s fine, but if you’re going shorter anyway,  it’s just too time consuming. My daughter wants a haircut when the sheltering in order is lifted. She does not want to go to the beauty school or haircut back room. Supercuts does free haircuts in their back room by stylists who are ALMOST ready to be on the styling floor. (They do this about once a month or so.) I’ve had my hair done there in a pinch. Not fond of it. My son hates it and won’t go anymore. He says they take too long and I do a better job. 🙇‍♀️ Thank you. I also had to “fix” his haircut most of the time because they did a poor job. So, including myself, I have 4 haircuts to do. 

I don’t know what the deal is lately, but I feel like crap. I wake up all stuffy, headache, back and shoulders hurting. I wake up feeling like I’ve been beaten up in my sleep. I haven’t been doing much of anything lately, but my pain level says otherwise. 

Our local Chinese restaurant has reopened. My daughter is itching to have me bring her takeout. I’d rather have her save her money. At least until she is paid for the vacation pay she is owed. For whatever reason, even though her vacation for her birthday was approved, she never got paid. She had to have her job coach help her contact her supervisor. Her supervisor claims she will put in the pay request, but it may take awhile. If she hasn’t gotten it in 3 weeks she’s going to get the union involved. I say 3 weeks because the vacation time has to be submitted and processed by payroll. It probably should be 2 weeks, but 3 allows ample time.

I swear if the motherforker across the street doesn’t stop with the all day, into the night, late night music blaring I can’t be held responsible. It’s like Drummer Boy is back, but this guy just plays a stereo full blast. He’s an adult, divorced man living with mommy and daddy. I think they went on vacation or something because usually they don’t allow this crap. Last night I had a full blown panic attack. I tried drowning out the thumping with the tv, but I had a migraine and couldn’t turn the tv up loud enough. Asshat started about 9:30am this morning. I don’t understand why it’s necessary to play the music that loud. Get off my lawn! I’d retaliate, but my receiver and speakers still aren’t hooked up from when we got the new tv. Promises, promises.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©