Recent Posts

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Day 156 of Sheltering In

Sunday. Since I’m going to complain about my daughter’s group home, I noticed I left something out of day 155. They got no morning medications at all. NONE. That is the second time this month that Saturday morning medications were not given to the clients. Tonight Nutjob reported to my daughter that she didn’t feel right and wanted to walk to the hospital. Not really walking distance and staff ignored her distress, so my daughter got her to calm down, they got their night medications 1/2 hour early, and Nutjob went to bed. It’s no wonder her housemate wasn’t feeling right. A person cannot skip their psychiatric medications. This is not good. I’m so glad my daughter had a lock put on her bedroom door. (She requested it from the Director close to a year ago.) That doesn’t stop the screaming, but headphones help with that.

Today the staff person sat in her car from 10am until a short time before we arrived at 1pm. So that would be 2-3 hours in her car not doing her job. We hadn’t planned the visit, but since there was no one answering at on call or the supervisor over team leads and house staff, we decided to pay a surprise visit, hoping to catch the staff person still in the car so we could snap a photo, and hoping that our mere presence would get her out of her car and into the house to do the job she is paid for. We ended up having a short visit with my daughter. It was just too hot out to stay very long. (We are required to have masked, socially distanced visits outside only.) I also dropped off the worksheets my daughter had me print for her.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

I am sure you are very concerned about the group home. I would be, too.

Lin said...

Unbelievable. I can't believe there is no oversight for this group home.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©