Recent Posts

Friday, August 28, 2020

Day 160 of Sheltering In

Thursday. My daughter is still talking about a home visit and wants it less than 2 weeks. Like maybe a long weekend. I think that would be better than 2 weeks. (Protocol is 2 weeks and a negative coronavirus test.) She hasn’t been on a home visit in 160 days. I don’t think she can just check out for 2 weeks. She’s learned how to get along with her housemates, even Nutjob...mostly. But she hasn’t been around us for 160 days. With her illness and her brothers I don’t think 2 weeks would be a good idea.

My son and I wanted to grocery shop Friday. My wife has to shop and deliver to her Mom’s friend. (No car, living in a Motel 6 because she got kicked out of the 3rd nursing home/rehab facility. This has been going on for several months.) So my wife pretty much assumed she was taking the Buick. She’s done none of the things I’ve asked her to do with the Pilot because of the hesitation when accelerating. Check the fluids, check for debris under the car, go to an auto parts store and get the codes read. You don’t just park it and hold out your hand for the keys to the Buick. I’m not paying for insurance on 2 cars so she can take the car I drive and inconvenience me. 

She tells me her timeline. She has to feed, walk, and play with her friend’s dog, while her friend is out of town again! She does that around 11am, gone about an hour to an hour and a half. That’s 12:30pm, then she has to grocery shop. Shopping, travel time, unpacking the groceries, waiting for her personal assistant assignments. Will it be a run to the post office, the bank, both, or something new? This would bring my wife home about 4pm at the earliest. That would leave me trapped at home all day when I had planned on grocery shopping. I abhor grocery shopping on the weekend. Did I mention I was at home ALL DAY Thursday? Except for running to McD’s to pick up breakfast for the 3 of us, I was home all day. The breakfast thing was a one time deal, I don’t think I’ve ever done it before. I wanted to start the weekend off early on a good note. So much for that. She left it at that she would take the Pilot, but do we have towing just in case? Seriously? We have it for the Pilot with the insurance, but I don’t know if there is a limited number of times it can be used in a policy period.

Basically, I don’t know how the car situation is going to work out. If I am trapped at home, then I’m not grocery shopping until Monday.

Did I mention I was all kinds of hurting from PT? I still am. Sciatica is acting up and something new. The tibularis longus tendon on my R leg is strained. It feels like it’s constantly pulled too taunt. Medical jargon courtesy of Dr Google. This better clear up by Monday. If it doesn’t I will have to go see my doctor, the 2nd visit in less than a week, and he will make me stop PT until it’s healed. Time is ticking. I’m approved for PT until October. Beyond that it will be a fight with my insurance. Good times.

We went online to request mail in ballots for the family. I will be dropping off the voted ballots to the county clerk’s office some time during the vote by mail period. That avoids the mess that is our current mail delivery, and insures the ballots are delivered. When the drop box is emptied, the procedure will most likely be done by a Democrat and a Republican together. When I was an Election Judge we had to have a Democrat and a Republican ride in the SAME vehicle to drop off the ballots. At the clerk’s office, a Democrat and a Republican, together, unloaded each vehicle. 

If you haven’t already requested your mail in ballot, go online to your county clerk’s website. First check to make sure you are registered. (I had to do that 3 times because of the way my name is slightly different on all my ID, DL, cards. I just had to enter every  combination until I hit the one the clerk’s office uses.) Then you fill out the form online, check the box to sign it and submit. You can revisit the site to check the status of your ballot...when you requested the ballot, when it was mailed to you, when they received it.

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©