Recent Posts

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Day 228, 229 of Sheltering In/Day 2, 3 of Quarantine

Tuesday, Wednesday. Tuesday my son and I had televisits with our doctor. He sent orders for COVID-19 tests to the same hospital I went to at the beginning of the pandemic (that turned out to be bronchitis, not COVID-19). Tried Tuesday and Wednesday to schedule tests, but the hospital could not find our orders amongst over 150 faxes for COVID-19 testing. I called my insurance and they told me to go online to schedule at CVS (no openings within 100 mile radius for 3 days, which is how far they schedule. They gave me the number for an urgent care in OP. I scheduled us for Saturday. 

Wednesday my doctor’s office called after 3pm, actually my daughter’s pal, a customer from her work, got us in at 4pm that day at a new test site on the first floor of where our doctor’s office is. I called to cancel the Saturday appointments as soon as I finished that call. Got the less uncomfortable test. The short swab. Definitely more comfortable than the longer swab. We left home early, surveyed (from the car) the new apartment buildings that my daughter is supposed to get into. It’s behind the medical building. Then parked where we were directed to park. No time for my son to ruminate about the test. Thank goodness! Temperature check in the car, then followed the tester into the vestibule where the testing was done. We had to go separately, which started to freak my son out, but I explained the procedure and got him calmed down. Both of us were exhausted when we got home. At this point I don’t think we will test positive. I think we may have a garden variety flu, one not covered by the flu shot we each got. Most bothersome symptom for both of us are headaches, sore throat for my son, scratchy throat for me, raspy voice. And we’re tired. I’m praying this is the extent of it and we test negative. We were told we’d get the results Monday, but I’m thinking maybe Friday, or over the weekend.

The isolating part and exhaustion are annoying. We are very fortunate that if this is Covid-19, it’s mild. I really think we’ll test negative. Since my son and I were exposed at the same time we watch movies in the master bedroom and my son gets our meals while my wife is in another room with the door closed. Technically, if one of us is positive we could have given it to my wife, but she’s fine. All 3 of us are doing a vitamin regimen our doctor prescribed. My wife is taking it just in case.

My son and I avoided local channels so we didn’t see any election stuff. We watched Christmas movies. It’s hard to find something appropriate that my son would be interested in. Christmas movies are neutral, so that’s what we’ll stick to. We’ve got plenty to choose from on the streaming services we have. My son doesn’t like not being able to go out...grocery shopping! He’s always my assistant. For some unknown reason we really stocked up last week, so we have enough food and supplies for the next 10-14+/- days.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©