Recent Posts

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sunday Stealing-More Random Questions

November 8, 2020

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!


 

 

Stolen from Random Question generator

 

 

1. What’s something no one wants to hear but everyone should

This year for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and probably NYE you can’t have, or go to a big gathering due to Covid-19. Nobody wants to hear it. Everyone has Covid-19 mitigation exhaustion.

2. What’s the most annoying animal you’ve ever encountered?

My cats, actually all 3. 1-male is like that photo that’s making the rounds of obnoxious things cats do. He must get in the bathroom with you. Must do a drive-by, or figure 8 around my legs. He also MUST be touching you. I move around at night a lot because of chronic pain, so it’s a pain when I’m having to push him away. 2-female MUST be petted until she decides you are done petting her. If you stop, she slaps her paw on your arm, or wherever and does it repeatedly until you start petting again and won’t stop until she decides she’s had enough, or I tell her no. Repeatedly. 3-female MUST have head foot rubs. She wants it so bad that you don’t have to do anything. She does all the work, rubbing her head under 1 of your feet. Won’t stop until she’s ready to stop, or I move my foot away.

3. How much does language affect our thinking?
I’m not sure I understand the question. I would think that for someone who speaks/understands more than 1 language, it would affect their thinking all the time, having to translate in their head the language of the person talking to them. As someone who speaks/understands 1 language, with an infinitesimal amount of high school Spanish, language doesn’t affect my thinking at all.

4. Do you prefer to watch movies in the theater or in the comfort of your home?
I prefer watching at home. I can watch it in my pj’s, have my preferred beverage (without 1,000% Mark-up), have my food or my preferred take-out (without 1,000% Mark-up and their food could be nasty). I can stop the movie for bathroom breaks, runs to the fridge, then start it do I don’t miss anything. I can move around, change seats, lie down, whatever I need to in an effort to be as comfortable as possible.

5. What topic could you spend hours talking about?

Just about anything. I am starved for conversation. Usually always because I have no friends. Especially since Tuesday. A dumbash friend of my wife’s knew Sunday she had COVID-19 symptoms, yet took no precautions, didn’t tell us until she called Monday saying she tested positive. My son and I went there Sunday to drop off a food bank box of food. My son and I got tested Thursday, no results yet, so we have been quarantining on the 2nd floor, with my wife being on the 1st floor since she was not with us, thus not exposed. We’re doing ok. Some mild symptoms. This could just be a cold or flu. Our doctor instructed us to every day take 100mg of Zinc (order on Amazon. Nowhere local has any. We got the caplets because the lozenges are nasty tasting), 1,000mg Vitamin C 3 times a day, 10,000IU Vitamin D. 

6. If you could run away from it all and start fresh somewhere new, would you?
If I say yes, is that bad?

7. What’s the most polarizing question you could ask a group of friends?
Who did you vote for? Everyone will have that answer. Something just as polarizing? How much do you weigh?

8. Do movies have the same power as books to change the world?
Movies. Probably only because more people see movies than read books.

9. What would you rate 10/10 ?
The Kung Pao Chicken I made last month. Had it from the Chinese takeout by my house 2 weeks ago. Mine was better. Mine was like the last really good stuff I got from takeout. 

10. What are you really good at, but kind of embarrassed that you are good at it?
I'm pretty good at having pain and complaining about it.

11. Who do you go out of your way to be nice to?
I’m pretty much nice to everyone. I wave people on at 4-way stops or wave thank you. I’ve been talking to people at the grocery store. Mostly pleasantries, sometimes about products. Wait...that is not me! Where is me?

12. What problems will technology solve in the next 5 years? What problems will it create?
Hopefully technology will find ways to mitigate or reverse climate change. 

13. What from the present will withstand the test of time?
Hopefully, lessons learned. 

14. What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical?
“Pretty Woman”, “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure”. Any “Airplane” movie. A Woody Allen movie-“Annie Hall”, “Sleeper”. “Scenes From a Mall”.

15. What is something common from your childhood that will seem strange to future generations?
Rotary telephones, answering machines with cassette tapes to record messages, roof-top television antennas, a percolator, 8-track tapes, black and white television, Tang, Fresca, Tab, Jello 123, TV dinners with foil trays, not cardboard.
 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

7 comments:

Pandora Behr said...

I hope your COVID tests come back negative. We've just come out of a six month lockdown. Masks are mandatory outside of the home. We've just had our ninth day of no new cases and no deaths in a row (after being up to 700 cases a day in August) It's a hard road out of this, but we wish you well.
Take care

Plastic Mancunian said...

#5 - I hope you test negative.

#6 - No - that's not bad at all.

#12 - I agree totally.

:o)

Cheers

PM

CountryDew said...

I hope you test negative and are soon feeling better. My husband and I have been trying to figure out what to do if one of us is exposed as we have a small house and couldn't do what you're doing. Mostly we're assuming if one gets it, the other will too. Good luck!

LA Paylor said...

ewww I just had a visceral memory of tab! #5... OMG I am so sick of people not taking this seriously. I wish you wellness!!! It could be allergies, right??
#10! so many good answers here, thanks!
LeeAnna

Me, Myself, and I said...

Sure hope you test negative. I took a rapid one before I came to fetch my Mom, and even though I'd been quarantined for 2 weeks, I was trepidatious. Take care.

Lola said...

I got my results, negative. My son will get his tomorrow since he doesn’t have an online account. According to the message the tests we had are 70% accurate and we need to continue to quarantine 14 days plus 24 hours after we have no symptoms. So why get tested with that test? It basically means nothing and my son doesn’t quite get why we are on house arrest. That’s the end result. Can’t go anywhere. Can’t go visit his sister. We do FaceTime. The weekly update for the group home organization reported 9 new cases amongst staff, zero for clients, yet they are thinking about being more restrictive about visits. Why? It’s the staff that are not being safe. And my wife’s damn friend. I am still incredibly angry. We should have been told so we could take the necessary precautions, which we would have. I am very strict on mask wearing when we go out and my son and I wear gloves because they keep us from touching our face, nose, etc.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Your answer to question 2 is how I originally thought about it. We are watching a french detective show, and I realized how much is lost in translation between the subtitles and the sound track. It's confusing. Some with Spanish. For this reason I like the Scandinavian dramas are BEST! I don't know the language!

I much prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my own home. My bones are old and brittle and do nothing by cry out like little banshees when confronted with a seat in a theater.

I'm glad you Tested negative for covid, and hope that your son is as well. This virus is no joke. Without any intervention, it would be a lot worse.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©