Recent Posts

Monday, November 16, 2020

Day 240, 241 of Sheltering In

Sunday, Monday. Sunday I stayed home and watched QVC In the Kitchen With David. I did not buy anything. I don’t care for it when they are mostly hawking food. That’s not to say I’ve never ordered food. Last month I ordered something my wife loved sharing with her Mom. I’m hoping it’s a big hit. It will arrive in time for Christmas.

Sunday night was a sh*t show at my daughter’s group home. Maria is livid, as is my wife and I. Because maintenance is supposed to come Tuesday to treat for bedbugs, they basically packed up everyone’s things, not labeling them. They threw away a brand new Rubbermaid tote filled with brand new hangers that I bought my daughter. She retrieved it and hid it so when I pick her up for the holiday we can take it to my house. My daughter also had 2 footlockers filled with canned goods-soups, sparkling water, some other items. NOTHING was out of date, nor was there evidence of bedbugs or mice droppings. I’m sure the bag of food went into the team lead’s car. They also bagged my daughter’s guitar and put it in the basement where the floor is wet and damp. Again, no bedbugs or mice droppings. My daughter is missing the portable DVD player and movies I bought or borrowed from my collection. My daughter also had a large lockbox where she stores her valuables and things important to her, like her engagement ring (caught her! She had been calling it a Promise ring.) If all these don’t turn up I will help my daughter advocate to get those items returned to her or replaced. The thing that really chaps my hide is that my daughter was praised on Saturday for how neat, clean, and organized her room was. Then Sunday staff came in and trashed it.

They even cleared out kitchen cabinets of canned goods, threw away good food from the fridge and freezer, including a bag of apples I brought my daughter. My daughter complained that she was just going to get an Apple and staff took one out and threw it to her, but still took the bag of apples to the trash cans, more likely her car.

There was no evidence of bedbugs on the 2nd floor, only 1 bedroom on the 1st floor had them. One of the housemates in that room has had multiple short home visits (which are not allowed, but for her they let her), and she looks like Pig-Pen from the Peanuts cartoons. I’d bet money she’s been bringing them back to the group home.

My wife and I believe my daughter and her housemates rights were violated by them going through their rooms, bagging items, not labeling the bags, and throwing out perfectly good items. Other housemates complained they also had perfectly good items thrown in the trash and were also upset. One lady who had her cookbook collection thrown out for no reason a year ago, had the cookbooks she collected since then. I had given her several so she at least had a few to help her plan meals. She loves cookbooks. (I will ask my daughter to find out what was trashed and will go to Goodwill to try to replace a couple. They are usually $1.99 each. It’s not bad enough that these ladies have not been able to go anywhere other than day program. No trips for takeout, no shopping trips, no dates, but then they have to have what little personal space they have violated. My daughter was very upset, her voice breaking when she said to me, “Mom...my room looks like when I first moved in. They even took the paintings you gave me off the walls.” I wanted to cry, but I kept it together while I was in the phone with her. She’s really upset that her guitar might be water damaged or broken. I wanted to get it from her and take it back to my house when we did a quick stop to pick up a check my daughter needed me to deposit, but they wouldn’t let her get it to give to me.

Can’t we ever catch a break from all this aggravation and drama? I’ve really been trying to try to not focus on this stuff, but it’s hard not to. Especially when my daughter is going to want me to buy her some canned goods and sparkling water. I don’t have the money to do it. With the holidays my food budget is stretched as far as it can go. My wife, the kids, and myself all have lists of what sides and desserts they want. I can’t get the ingredients for all of them, so I’ll compare the lists and most likely buy the ingredients for the items most everyone wants. I hate this. I promised myself since the pandemic began we would not go to our local food pantry. We do qualify, but I’m sure there are people who are having trouble feeding their families. We’re doing ok, but I just can’t afford the added expense this month and next of buying stuff for my daughter while she is still in the group home. When she moves into her apartment I’m sure I will have to find a way to help her get set up with food.

I had my opthamalogist appointment today. They dilated the heck out if my eyes (4 drops in each eye) and took lots of photos of my eyes. The dr told me my eyes are very healthy, no signs of damage due diabetes, see you next year. My eyes are almost back to normal. Thank goodness I talked my wife into driving me. I could not have done it with my eyes dilated and all those drops blurring my vision.

Tomorrow is my orthopedic dr appointment. That will be about 5, maybe 10 minutes of face time with the PA.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©