Recent Posts

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Days 235-239 of Sheltering In

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Tuesday the basement work did not get done. Hoping for this coming Tuesday. Monday I have an ophthalmologist appointment, so I need a driver because of having my eyes dilated. If it weren’t for that, the basement may have been able to be started Monday. My brother in law is supposed to help. The quarantine for my son and I is completed. We are well, except for me getting violently ill on Wednesday. Started with abdominal pain, so I thought it was the start of an IBS episode. I took the appropriate medication after lunch. About 2 hours later a wave of nausea hit me and I had to grab a nearby trash can because I knew I would not make it to the bathroom. I lost everything I ate that day, was exhausted from being ill and ended up falling asleep. I waited til around 7pm and had some broth and plain toast. After that I was fine. It was strange.

Thursday my daughter got word about the new apartments. Final walk through was to be Friday, depending on how it went, my daughter could be in her new digs before Christmas. I’m hoping COVID-19 doesn’t delay her move. 

Friday my wife and I went to Goodwill and Ross. My wife wanted to go to Goodwill to get Corningware casserole dishes for my daughter. 😂 I told her I took care of that last year. I’d go to Goodwill once a week or so and picked up Corningware for us and for my daughter. I even got her a set of Temptations canisters for flour, sugar, etc. Perfect condition, all the pieces were there. My daughter had wanted my Mom’s MCM stainless canisters, but I still use them. I’d been checking Etsy for pieces of a set, but never ordered any. She’s all set for Canisters and Corningware. My wife was a bit bummed out, but I told her we’d go to Goodwill anyway and see what they had. I was looking for a twin headboard, because someone thought it would be ok to toss 1/2 the bunk bed to the curb instead of leaving it where I stored it. Gah! Now I have a mattress and frame but no headboard. We ended up doing Christmas shopping there and at Ross. We are done Christmas shopping now, except for stocking stuffers and for each other. Sunday if the thrift store is open I may check there for a headboard. That’s where I got the frame and they had quite a bit of headboards. I can’t do my usual stay at home Sunday because I have to drop off meds and totes to my daughter. The first floor has bedbugs again and they are making everyone bag their clothing and put it in the damp, wet basement on the floor. My daughter was freaking out. To appease her I told her we would drop off totes to put the bags in. My brother-in-law is a Ross junkie. He loves that store. He wants to buy my daughter dinnerware or flatware, or both. Not sure, but anything helps.

When we finished at Ross my daughter called. One of her elderly housemates on the first floor passed away in her sleep. The girl she shared her room with found her. She was more of an acquaintance of my daughter’s, she was upset, but not inconsolable. It’s affecting the ladies on the first floor more so, because they interacted with her every day. She hadn’t called earlier because they made her go to day program because they pulled extra counselors to meet with her and her housemates.

The agency that runs the group homes keeps changing the rules on home visits. It was 14 days, then 5, now it’s more than 14 days. If she goes home the week of thanksgiving, her first day counted is thanksgiving. We planned on having her with us for thanksgiving, Christmas, my son’s birthday, and NYE. It will be 2 visits, just need to figure out the dates. If the apartment move happens before Christmas, plans will change. My wife wants us to do Christmas at my daughter’s if she’s moved in by then.

Lola’s Diner cc. 2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©