Recent Posts

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Day 272 of Sheltering In

Thursday. Before ordering the new gas range I looked up what the problem could be, researched prices. Over $200-? Better off buying new. It came this morning at 10am. My brother-in-law came shortly after the truck left to pick up the old one. We had to go get a new connector, so I picked up a new gas line. Thinking back, I hadn’t replaced it the last 2 used gas ranges I bought, so good idea to buy a new one. Went back to Lowe’s, bought the gas line kit and a can of pipe compound. My wife tried to loosen the old gas line off the gas pipe coming up through the floor but couldn’t do it. My leg has been screaming all day, so no chance of me getting down on the floor to try it. Besides, 2 bad shoulders. I will give it a shot first thing in the morning. If we can’t get it, my wife can call our neighbor. He actually replaced the pipe coming up through the floor when he helped installed the Jenn Air gas range I’m replacing. My brother-in-law is not handy. I had to teach him how to install cabinetry in the dining room, so having him try to loosen a pipe fitting would not be a good idea.

Before our trip to Lowe’s, we stopped at the Jewel to pick up frozen pizzas, thinking we’d try the new oven. That didn’t work out, so we finally got to use the toaster oven I got last year. Fits a 12” pizza perfectly and makes a great pizza. Why haven’t we used it before? Wife preferred the oven. 

My leg is terrible today. I asked my wife where her knee braces were from her TKR’s, but she thinks she tossed them. Our doctor told me to see if she had one of them for me to use, or Ace Bandage. Ace Bandage isn’t working out. I’ve tried. I ordered a knee brace  from Amazon. Should get it Friday or Saturday. I can’t wait to try it.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©