Recent Posts

Friday, January 8, 2021

Sunday Stealing-January

10 January 2021

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!

 

 

 

Taken from League of Extraordinary Penpals

 

 

 

 

 

1. What are your plans for January?
I better be getting my knee MRI soon and find out what’s wrong with my knee/leg. Due to ridonkulous insurance snafus I have to wait again for insurance approval. First my doctor sent me where I always go, but currently they don’t take my insurance. Then my insurance sent me an approval for a different place, I call them to schedule and they don’t take my insurance (how is that if my insurance sent me an approval for them?)

2. What do you want to see happen in 2021?
I want to see the coronavirus gone
I also want to see more vaccines for the coronavirus that are more effective with little to no side effects with faster immunity and broader distribution. Saturday I had to decide if my daughter should get the Moderna vaccine. Sunday I have to get up too early to run over to my daughter’s group home to get the paperwork done. I’m still waiting to her from her doctor, but she has asthma so I’m certain he will approve. IDPH counts group homes in Phase 1A, so she can get the vaccine this coming week. I want to be able to see my daughter for weekend visits. The 2 week visits are just too long. I don’t want hear, see, or read about 🍊.

3. What would you give a 5 star rating?
Hmmm. Would be easier to answer what I would give zero stars. Zero stars to Apple. I got a new battery 2 months ago and I’m always charging my iPhone and it’s constantly crashing. It’s a 7 and I’m NOT getting a new phone until my wife’s phone is paid for. I refuse to have monthly payments for more than 1 phone! I can’t afford it and Apple needs to stop junking up older models to frustrate you into upgrading. 

4. Do you have writing goals for 2021?
I don’t do goals.

5. How do you feel about memoirs?
Memoirs/biographies/autobiographies are my favorite kind of books to read. Katherine Hepburn was a favorite of mine. I’m still reading Billy Idol’s “Dancing With Myself”. It’s very good, he’s fascinating, but I find myself having difficulty with it. Never had this issue before, but I get lost on a page several times and end up reading the same paragraph over and over. I’ve got several memoirs in my Kindle waiting for me to get to them...Betty White, Audrey Hepburn, Debbie Harry, Steve Jobs, Grace Kelly. I have over 100 unread books in my Kindle thanks to Bookbub and The Fussy Librarian. Both send a daily email of book offers. Bookbub has some free, others from $0.99-$4.99. The Fussy Librarian are all free. Both allow you to choose the genres you like.

6. If you could join any musical group who would you choose?
I don’t think I’m the musician type. I was an accountant. I just don’t see it.

7. What are your favorite genres across all media?
Memoirs, mysteries, some true crime. I find myself reading a lot of Lesbian Romance novels lately. I also enjoy nonfiction.

8. What candle scents are your favorite
More musky scents, or fresh linen. Not a fan of florals.

9. How well can you mimic other accents or voices?
I'm can do some. I think it’s been awhile.

10. What books are on your TBR list in 2021?
See #5 above.1

11. When do you decide it’s time to upgrade/buy something new?
I am not eager to upgrade or buy new because more often than not, new is cheaply made. Example, I just had to replace my Jenn Air gas range last month. I bought it used and got just over 10 years out of it. My new Whirlpool Gas Range just seems cheap. The one I bought for my previous home was sturdy, well built and I was really upset when my agent included my appliances in the contract when I sold the house. Already had service out for the new one because the top section that has the clock and oven controls seems flimsy. When you go to set the oven temperature that section moves unless you are super, super delicate when using the buttons. The service tech said that’s the way all the brands are making them now. Very disappointing. But I do love the 5th burner and the high BTU burner.

12. Why is your favorite color your favorite color?
This is embarrassing and when I answer this you can pretty accurately guess my age. Favorite color is purple. Because Donny Osmond’s favorite color was purple. At least that’s what Tiger Beat magazine said. (SEE! Embarrassing!)

13. Who understands you the best?
My wife.

14. Do you write letters?
Not in a long time.

15. How do you keep going when times are hard?
If I figure it out I’ll let you know. I seem to find a way, but depending on the situation, keeping going involves different approaches.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021 

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I had to stop looking at Bookbub because I had too many books that I know I'll never have a chance to read.

Lori said...

I am not eager to upgrade either. Loved your answers. Have a nice day.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

My Jenn Air is 33 years old, and hard to get parts for. We looked at new ovens recently but the repairman said if we could keep this one running, we'd be better off. So that is what we will do, keep this one running.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Book Bub and also Early Bird Books, and First Reads from Amazon if you are a prime member really can load the books on. Ooooo... The Fussy Librarian is good, too. Ooooo =)
Sorry that they sold away your favorite stove. Not fair!
We have a 5 year old TOL Whirlpool gas range, and love the thing. That burner is AWESOME, as you say. And ours is built like a brick.. er... house.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©