Recent Posts

Monday, March 8, 2021

Day 351-356 of Sheltering In

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Sunday I did not get to do my usual vegetate in front of the tv watching QVC. Instead, I made a late trip to a pop-up pantry and picked up for 2 other families and both floors at my daughter’s group home. I go late so I’m basically picking up part of the excess food that would get wasted. Technically I am definitely within their target demographic, but I like to go late so other people have the opportunity.

Monday I had PT. I went early because the older couple (we had breakfast with twice a month before the pandemic) had tax questions. If I end up preparing their taxes I won’t charge them. Because of my pain issues it won’t be a quick process. It will be several days working for short periods. Regardless, I wouldn’t feel right about charging them because they are low income, and they are my wife’s friends. Plus it makes me feel useful. 

Thursday we went over to their place and I set up my laptop and turned my WiFi hotspot on, on my iPhone. They couldn’t find their WiFi password and weren’t sure of the user ID. Funny how all the condos around them came up on my laptop and the names were all similar. We were going to wirelessly print their copies using their Epson Printer/Scanner, but they didn’t know how to use it, and never have. I have a Epson, but not the same model. Next time I’m over there I’ll look up the manual online and get it working for them. They have a MacBook that they don’t really know how to use beyond Facebook. I’ll probably setup a time with them to show them how to use it. I’ve never had a MacBook, but I did use an Apple computer when I worked at the library.

I had PT 3 times this week and Friday was brutal. M is funny. She told me I had 71 PT visits approved. She kept asking me how I got that many visits approved from the company that manages PT and other medical stuff for my health insurance. I have no idea how, and I don’t recall ever calling them. A torn meniscus and sprained LCL are not something you get over quickly with a few PT visits, but 71? I definitely don’t want surgery, so I will be going to PT for as long as I can until both injuries are resolved.

Here’s some fun stuff M told me. There is a limo service that will take you and your pals to downtown Chicago. They provide you with chips and guacamole, and a taco dinner in a box. And...margaritas! They drive you around downtown, LSD, Buckingham Fountain, etc., while you dine and drink margaritas. Sounds fun. The other thing she told me was about the Speakeasy tours. This one is a bus tour of Chicago’s Speakeasy history. Kind of like a Pub Crawl, but informative, and probably higher class joints. She also told me she’s going to The Melting Pot for fondue. She is going to the location in Naperville. I’d been to the Chicago location quite a few years ago. 

I was very close to needing bail money tonight. I took my son to a used video game/movie/music place to return some defective PSP games he bought last week. A creeper kept following too close to me in the store and was saying inappropriate things. Did he think he was funny? I wasn’t laughing. I could have responded with something just as crude, but that’s not me. Besides, the only other female in the store was a high school age clerk. Had he gotten in my face, or touched me, I would have introduced my cane to him. I was not pleased when I had to finish the purchase with a credit card. (My son went slightly over his store credit.) The guy was standing next to the machine with no room for me to scan my card. I ended up reaching over and handing my card to the employee. Ick! I felt dirty when I left. My son said he smelled alcohol on the guy and his friend. 

FYI-The day count of each post is based upon my daughter’s group home going on lockdown March 23rd, with her last day of work being March 22nd. I think everyone is basing their counts on different days depending on when shutdown events happened near them, or affected them. Several authors whose Facebook pages I follow are in the UK and they post a couple times a week and lament that they are on total lockdown. They seem to have everything opening up here, which does not make me feel comfortable. I have yet to be contacted, nor my wife or son to get the vaccine. Each of us have several co-morbidities and are in the current phase. I don’t understand it. I guess it all comes down to who you know. I don’t know anyone, so 🤷🏻‍♀️ My son has severe anxiety and I’m wondering if the increase in symptoms is a result of that. My anxiety has increased a lot due to stress. Everything is on my shoulders, everything is my responsibility or my fault. I truly want to run away. 

Kindle Reading Challenge:  I read 72 days in a row and read 24 books.  

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

1 comment:

songbird's crazy world said...

March 13, 2020 was my last day working in an office. We were sent home that day with instructions to “work from home for the next two weeks”. Famous last words.

But I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully we will all get back to a semblance of normal soon.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©