Recent Posts

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Sunday Stealing-Alec Clayton

Hi! Your host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves! 
 
 
1. Do you put ketchup on hot dogs?  If it’s just a regular hot dog, ketchup and relish. If it’s a Vienna hot dog, or a Nathan’s hot dog, then it’s Chicago Style...mustard, onions, relish, tomato slice, pickle slice, and 1 sport pepper. It is sacrilegious to put ketchup on a Chicago Style hot dog!

2. How many TVs in your house?  Two that are hooked up + one in the box (when my daughter gets her apartment we will give her our bedroom tv and set up the new one in the bedroom). There is also an old style tv in my son’s room for his video game systems.

3. Do you put salt on watermelon? Always have. 

4. Can you swim? I can.  

5. Are your parents still alive? No. 

6. First car? 1971 Pontiac Granville. It was HUGE, and it had all the bells and whistles and forever spoiled me into getting cars with everything.

7. Surgeries? Left shoulder bone spur removed, hysterectomy, gallbladder removed, back surgery.

8. What do you drink in the morning? Black coffee.

9. Can you do 100 push ups? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

10. Can you change a tire? I know how to change a tire and changed more than my fair share. Now, because of my back, shoulders, and now knee, I cannot physically do it myself, however I’m sure I could instruct my son on how to do it if I had to. My Dad taught my sister and I before we had our first behind the wheel lessons in high school. No, we didn’t help each other, I had to do it, then 2 years later, my sister had to do it. He had us rotate his tires, so, back then that was 5 tire changes. 

11. Tattoos? None. I had wanted to get one because it seemed every woman I dated had at least one. I could never pick what I wanted. I went to one of the best shops in Chicago with a woman I was seeing and a friend of hers. While her friend was having color added to a tattoo on the back of her neck (yikes!), I looked through all their binders of tats they had done. It was an overwhelming number of tats.

12. Do you wear sunglasses? Yes. I have a pair that looks like Ray Ban Wayfarers that fit over my Ray Ban prescription eyeglasses. Meijer has lots of sunglasses that fit over prescription eyeglasses. They are not those ugly “As Seen on Tv” fit over your eyeglasses kind. 

13. Do you have a phobia? From time to time I do.

14. Do you have a nickname? I used to, when I was school aged. When I moved to Chicago I left my nickname behind. Except that my father-in-law calls me it, and while it’s irritating because my wife had told him to stop calling me by that, I know it’s because he has memory issues, so I let it go. Why do I not like it? I grew up with it and I was never called by my legal name until I moved.
 
15. Are you a picky eater? No. never have been.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I haven't had a Chicago style hot dog if for ever!! Happy Sunday!

Lori said...

#9...same for me. My upper body strength has never been very good. My legs have always been strong though. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

My father gave me a nickname when I was born and I have never used it. He still calls me that even though I asked and asked him and my mother both not to use it. I finally decided it wasn't a mountain I cared to defend and I just ignore it, but it is irritating and disrespectful.

songbird's crazy world said...

Ever had a Chicago style hot dog. Maybe I’ll try it that way

Plastic Mancunian said...

I didn't know there were different styles of hotdog over the pond. I'll have to investigate next time I am there.

:o)

Cheers

PM

2 gators said...

I love Chicago dogs!!! YUM I enjoyed your answers, my HS nickname stayed back in 1985 I hated it then so now it is just Ginabean! hope you have a great week

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©