Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Day 383-387 of Sheltering In-Waiting

Friday-Tuesday. Friday. I am seriously losing track of time. It feels like Saturday. I had PT earlier and am chillaxing. Saturday was grocery shopping. Can I say how much I dislike going grocery shopping on the weekends? Sunday I stayed home all day and actually had alone time. I had alone time so long I thought the family had been kidnapped! I never get that much alone time in my own house. Monday migraine...canceled PT. Bad migraine.

My daughter found out move in day is May 1st, but her source isn’t necessarily reliable, so we will plan to have my daughter pack, but that’s it. I think I’ve mentioned before I did get some furniture and stored it away at my house. Still a lot of things to get, but they are all things that can be gotten after she gets the keys. My daughter also has a lot of people, friends and relatives of my wife, who want to help get her set up with smaller things. For furniture I’ve got everything but a bedroom set. We got a Sam’s Club membership last week (deal in the Val Pak, $45 membership and then you get a $45 gift card, so it’s basically free). Their towels looked like they were a good deal and really good quality, so we’ll probably make a trip back to get those. They looked so good I think my wife and I are gonna be jealous. I will be researching bedroom sets from both new and 2nd hand sources.

Tuesday was another didn’t leave the house day. I had an appointment but canceled it because they aren’t billing properly, so the insurance is denying payment. It’s always fun and games with insurance as it is, without the billing errors added in. 

Been freaking out since last week because my daughter was shorted 1/2 a month’s supply of her most vital medication. I had been having my daughter handle the situation, but she was being ignored. Today I emailed the director, stating that, AND naming names of everyone my daughter talked to in an effort to get the missing medication. You don’t mess around with Lola, especially when it comes to my kids. I made it very clear that she needs the missing medication Wednesday and if she runs out I guarantee she will be hospitalized, and it will not be good. I waited 20 minutes after I sent the email and then I called. The director was in a meeting. They are all ALWAYS in a meeting, that’s why I send emails first. I got an email reply 45 minutes after I sent my email. 🤞hoping everyone follows through and I can pick up the missing medication Wednesday. 

Wednesday I get my 2nd dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. Driving all the way to Hodgkins, because at the time I scheduled the 1st dose it was the only place I could get an appointment. My wife and son got appointments in J town and will get their 2nd dose at the end of the month. We are not in the “back to normal after vaccination camp”. We will continue to take the same precautions because my daughter has severe asthma and we can’t risk being a carrier and infecting her, even though they say when you get the virus after being vaccinated it’s mild. With these new, variations of the COVID-19 virus, it makes us err on the side of caution. You don’t mess with severe asthma. She was hospitalized about 2 months ago with a severe attack. I’m praying that once she moves into the brand new apartments her asthma will improve. I think that old house she’s been living in caused her asthma. She never had asthma before she moved to the 2nd floor of that house.

Lola’s Diner cc 2008-2021


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©