Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Day 408 of Sheltering In-Waiting

My wife and son got their 2nd doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, so May 11th will be the last day of this stupid countdown.

Tuesday. Before PT I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with my insurance company, or their claims handler. What fun! The woman from the insurance company seemed like she was going to rip my PT provider’s billing department a new one because they continue to bill me the amount in excess of the contract rate after my combo insurance pays. I told her I’ve been calling every month since last June. That is not an exaggeration. After I got off the last call it was time to leave for PT. M was my physical therapist today. Thank goodness, I am so tired of the new guy shorting me on my time. M and N always let me go 90 minutes, sometimes a bit more so I can get in lots of exercises. Today was brutal because my LCL was really tight, and bonus…I had sciatica on that side. After deep tissue massage she used this extra long rolling pin type thing to press and roll on my left side, butt, hip, thigh, knee, calf, down to my ankle. She added ankle weights to the side steps and kick outs, and balance on a sheet of foam, left foot in front of right, then vice versa. The last one was to work on my balance and that was oddly the most painful because it pulled on my lower back. I could only hold onto the bar with 1 or 2 fingers of each hand to keep my balance, so I was really feeling a pull in my lower back. Fun times! I have M tomorrow also. At least I know I’m working it when she is my physical therapist. And bonus…she’s very chatty, so it’s like my social time.

My daughter got approval from the Director to have a 3 day home visit for this weekend. My daughter says it’s because she likes us. I don’t have the heart to tell her it’s because we are both PITAS, and we don’t let up. Lol!

My wife doesn’t want to do the tea party for Mother’s Day because it’s too much work. She has never been involved with preparation, so I don’t get it. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©