Recent Posts

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Guess who’s going vegetarian? Again.

Yup me. Again? Yes, I became a vegetarian during the divorce because I was getting super healthy and going to the health club 6 days a week.

Again, now, because my blood work was scary. My A1c was good, it was something else. I need to cut down on protein, specifically from meat. Cutting down…that doesn’t sound good enough to me. So I’m going all the way, but I will still eat fish once a week or a couple times a month. So part time pescatarian. I’m not saying I won’t do cheat meals, but they will be seldom, and they will be something worth it, like steak, not lunch meat.

What’s my plan? Lots of veggies. High fiber. Veggie stir frys, veggie tacos, homemade vegetarian chili, Boca Burgers, fake chicken, fake riblets (not sure if they exist now, but they did my first go at eating vegetarian and I considered them a treat). Sometime Friday, in between playing driver for moving furniture, I will stop at the store for fake ground beef. My wife is making stuffed peppers, so I’ll have her season it like my Mom’s recipe, but it will be fake meat.

Not sure how this is going to go. I have already cut out pasta, potatoes, white rices. I’ve been adding brown rice, which I actually like, and didn’t realize I could have it.

So…when will I be trying the Impossible Burger? Well I’m definitely not buying a package at the store. If I hate it, that’s a big waste of money. I will probably try the BK Impossible Burger tomorrow because I will be running around all day. 🤢 I just hope it’s not as nasty as it sounds. I used to sub TVP for ground beef, so I shouldn’t be such a hater. That stuff looked nasty, but my first try with it was chili after months of the other fake meats. I’ll report back after I try it.

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2021

          

1 comment:

songbird's crazy world said...

I ordered a Whopper and was served an Impossible Whopper. I could tell the difference, but it does taste almost like meat, if you eat it hot. Cold, well that's a different story.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©