Recent Posts

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Sunday Stealing-Not quite 100 questions

Hi! Out host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!


Bev stole this a long time ago from "100 Questions" but don't have the link.

1.What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? I don’t really watch tv at night. I stream a movie or series from HBO Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. That would be my order of preference for streaming services.

2.Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? 2000’s. Early 2000’s because that’s when I came out. As Oprah says…I started living my authentic life. I finally felt comfortable in my own skin. I also had the time of my life dating like a 20 year old, even though I was 40.

3.What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? There are too many to choose from. If I had to pick one, it would be Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”.

4.What Disney villain are you the most like and why? The Magic Brooms in “Fantasia”. It sounded cool. Yes, I consulted Google for a list of Disney villains.

5.Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? Girl Scout…very briefly. It seemed to be more expensive to join and participate. We joined 4H instead. My Mom was one of the leaders. She did cooking classes. She also took us to Mayfair Mall for the fair, and to WI State Fair for the art, livestock, and baking competitions. I had a drawing entered and hung with all the other art in the Gallery below the Grandstand. I won a ribbon for it. I also entered a cheese bread.

6.If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? Probably fly, since it’s faster than a boat.

7. What are three of your favorite dog names of all time? Maxwell (my first pet, and the only dog I had as a pet), Harley, Rufus.

8. How do you feel when you see a rainbow? Lucky. 🍀 

9. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home? I guess that would depend on if the Land of Oz were exactly as depicted in “The Wizard of Oz”, or would it be updated to the 21st century? What is meant by “home”? Where I grew up? Where I live now?

10. What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air:
Breathe. 
Meat: Vegetarian. 
Different: Same.
Pink: Girlie.
Deserve: Earn.
White: Blank.
Elvis: Rock-N-Roll.
Magic: Fantasy.
Heart:
Love.
Clash: Disagree.
Pulp: Lumpy.

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2021

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I am going to have to go back and watch Fantasia again. I haven't seen it since I was a kid and I can't really remember the brooms being villains.

Me, Myself, and I said...

I'm with Stacy--the brooms were villains?! I remember seeing Fantasia at the Drive In as a kid...I've got Disney Plus so it's time for a rewatch!

Plastic Mancunian said...

#3 - Great song.

#8 - We got lots of rainbows in the UK because of the changeable weather. We must be a lucky country.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

I had to google Disney villains too. I don't think the brooms were on that list.

I was a girl scout and then a boy scout leader and a 4h Leader. I taught cake decorating and at least one of the girls in my class continued to decorate cakes through her children's childhood.

CountryDew said...

I was clueless about Disney villains. I think it is great that you were able to enjoy your 40s as your authentic self!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©