Recent Posts

Friday, January 21, 2022

Sunday Stealing-LEP = 2

Hi! Our host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

AVvXsEioZBE7F4sqdqa_2A8ti6gXzjOFPt2R0mfMMWP5KA2yExRHtdb4tK-dLdX1Fc24gN8pGrYrCjjl7k-8yhTLjEz5wCcte7iZXKbAKTL9RocgzLy4sBCth3Dp.jpg


Stolen from League of Extraordinary Pen Pals


1. Would you rather be the guest or the host? 
Even though it’s more work, I’d rather be the host. I enjoy entertaining but haven’t out of an abundance of caution with the pandemic. 
 
2. What do you like to wear when you feel fancy? 
OMG! This is so sad! Normally I wear a track suit or sweat pants and a hoodie. If I’m feeling fancy I will put on a pair of blue jeans. If I’m feeling really, really fancy, I’ll wear my olive green skinny jeans.
 
3. How often do you try something completely new? 
It’s probably been a long time.
 
4. Do you enjoy weddings? 
I didn’t used to. Kind of hated them. Then I had my son and he’s been my dance partner at weddings since he was 3 years old. He danced with me the entire reception when I married my wife. He saved me from a drunken night and bad hangover. He kept my mind off the fact that none of my family attended (other than my adult children). And we both had a blast!!!
 
5. Have you ever had something customized? Yes. For my first wedding I had my Mom’s wedding and engagement rings customized/changed up. I’m sure there are other things that I can’t think of now.
 
6. Do you cook spontaneously or meal plan? 
We plan, but not in detail. Grocery shopping I’ll buy meats and vegetables. Then the day before or day of we decided how to prepare the meat and vegetables.
 
7. Books you like to read over and over. 
I tend not to read books over and over. I do stick to a genre, but I don’t read the same book more than once.
 
8. What are you really good at? 
A lot of things ðŸ˜‰ 
 
9. Do you sleep with windows open or a fan on? 
Heck no! We still don’t have a working furnace, so oil filled radiators heat our home and raise our electric bills to ridiculous amounts. Windows are covered in plastic and have thermal curtains. No fan because I can’t tolerate it with my chronic back and shoulder pain.
        
10. What is the easiest recipe you know? 
Probably an omelette. Can’t go wrong with that, and you can change up the ingredients.
 
11. Are you comfortable starting conversation with strangers? 
Not completely comfortable, but I’ve gotten tremendously better at it since I’ve become my Mom. Lol! 
 
12. Do you prefer quiet, or ambient noise when you relax? 
Either is fine.
 
13. Who is your most adventurous or exciting friend? 
Don’t really have one.
 
14. What do you eat when you can’t decide what to eat? 
Depends how hungry I am. If I need a snack, pb on no salt top saltines. For a meal hunger…quesadillas. Super fast and tasty when served with salsa and/or sour cream.
 
15. Do you have any funny pet stories? 
Yes. I’ll give one dog and one cat story. Dog story:  A year after I moved to Chicago I moved to a larger apartment that allowed pets, so I got a puppy. Springer Spaniel/Terrier mix, black and white. He was so shy at the shelter, hiding behind his siblings. He was the one! One day I came home from work to a blizzard of torn up foam from my vintage sofa. Cleaned up, packed the bigger pieces into the cushions and zipped them shut figuring I would get new foam that weekend. Came home the next day to another blizzard. Cleaned up, examined the cushions and saw no tears, cuts or holes. That meant he was UNZIPPING the cushions to get to that fun foam. After I got replacement foam and cut it to size, stuffed the cushions, I sewed the zipper pulls to a cushion corner for each. No more foam blizzards!

Cat story: Our gray American shorthair had been disappearing for long periods. (This was days before I had her scheduled to be “fixed”.) I had my son go in search of her in the early hours of the day the procedure was scheduled and took her to the clinic for her appointment. Vet didn’t say anything was out of the ordinary, did the procedure and I picked her up late that day. Got home, she took off the minute she got out of the carrier and disappeared. A short while later my son said he kept hearing meowing, and he went in search of the sound in the den. Turns out she had a litter of kittens sometime between a week to a few days before her surgery. This was not at all intentional. I had no idea she was pregnant. All the cats ended up being healthy.


Lola’s Diner © 2008-2022

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

love the dog story!

How sad your family didn't come to your wedding. Are they better about your marriage now?

Lori said...

Oh that dog story was hilarious, and can you imagine how worried your kitty must have been about her babies while she had her surgery. Glad all turned out ok.
Your son sounds like such an amazing son! That is awesome that he danced at weddings with you. What a great kid. Loved your answers!
Have a nice day.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Lolasdiner said...

They were Aunts and Uncles. My parents passed away in ‘84 and ‘90. I’ve actually heard several have since passed away. I stopped talking to them after the wedding. Didn’t really have much contact before that because before we got engaged I tried to make an effort to have regular contact, apparently they weren’t interested. My sister is Facebook friends with most of them so she found out.

Lisa said...

oh my goodness - the dog was unzipping the cushions!! That is a great story. I'm so sorry that your family wasn't supportive of your marriage. It sounds like y'all are very happy!!

Me, Myself, and I said...

Loved the dog story!!

CountryDew said...

Great pet stories! How amazing was that dog!?

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©