Recent Posts

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sunday Stealing-Blabbermouth

Hi! Your host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

Stolen from The Queen's Meme

 
1. January usually has ample amounts of snowfall in parts of the world. Did you ever make snow cream as a kid? 
No.

2. January is one of the months with 31 days. What are you going to do with that extra day? 
Hopefully something fun.

3. In medieval times superstition dictated that the 1st day of January was significant for prosperity, or lack of it, in a person's life. Farmers put a flat cake on the horns of a cow and they danced and sang songs around the cow until the cake was thrown to the ground. If it fell in front of the cow that meant good luck; it if fell behind the cow that meant bad luck for the rest of the year.
Do you have strange New Year customs in your household? 
We’ve done Hoppin’ John (Emeril Lagasse’s recipe) and Collard Greens for years. Supposed to bring good luck. Not so much. We took a chance this year and skipped it.

4. On January 14, 1986 motorists were required for the first time to wear seat belts? Do you always buckle up? Why or why not? 
Nearly always. Gas station is a block and a half from my house, sometimes I don’t buckle up on the ride home. Which is stupid, because statistically, I aren’t most accidents close to home? That’s always been my experience anyway. Also, the 2000 Blazer has driver seat belt connections that are near impossible to latch. Twist, turn, jam, stab, it sometimes takes me 20 minutes unless I ask my passenger to give it a go. I used to have a GM Seatbelt extender and I’m thinking that would work perfectly. Click that thing into the seatbelt and leave it there and then just click the seatbelt into the extender. I have no idea where it is, and I’ve looked for one online and haven’t found one.

5.. Have you ever blabbermouthed something to a significant other that in hindsight you really should have kept to yourself? 
I probably have, but I don’t recall what it was.

6. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you could take back? 
Of course! That’s when I change the status from Publish to Draft and bam! It’s not on my blog page.

7. Are you the blabber or the blabbee? Tell us your most embarrassing blabbermouth moment. 
I was having an estate sale at my Dad’s house. A woman got to talking to me about housing prices in the area. There was a very small ranch with an above ground pool that sold on the very high side for its size. It was in the comps the realtor showed me. I made a comment about how that was high and how the buyer was foolish to pay that (or words to that effect). Guess who I was talking to? The buyer of that house! I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I made such a big deal about the price being too high. I lived in Chicago at the time, so the embarrassment was relatively short-lived.

8. Who is the biggest blabbermouth tattletale in your household? 
Growing up? Not me. I didn’t have many friends and kept to myself, so I wasn’t in a position to get gossip, nor was I in a position to spread it.

9. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph are you most interested in getting? 
Not interested. The bloggers I’ve known since the beginning, my regular commenters, I’ve met in person. We had a coffee get together, and a blogger I had already met with one I hadn’t, met in downtown Chicago when the blog convention was there. I didn’t go to the convention. I think I met up with them after work. I worked downtown.

10. If you could hire the loudest and most skilled blabbermouth in the universe to do your talking for you and advertise it well, what message would you like to spread to humanity? 
Pass. Not my thing.

11. Are you always on time or just a tad late? 
I’m typically always early for medical stuff, late for our lunches with my father-in-law. (He doesn’t live close and wants us there by 10am. I just can’t do it.) We always were late for breakfast with our older couple friends, but the last 4 breakfasts we got there before they did. Yes!!!

12. Is there someone in your life that irritates you regularly about not being on time? 
See #11 and connect the dots.

13. Can you think of a time when you were late for something and it was REALLY a big deal? 
I can’t recall. Back when I was working I made sure I was early for anything. The lateness has just been as stated in #11.

14. If you were on your way to work and had five minutes to get there, would you stop in the road to rescue a crossing turtle? 
I don’t work. But if a turtle crossed the road this time of year I’d wonder how it got there. It’s below freezing. I’d drive around when it was safe to do so for the turtle, myself, and surrounding traffic, if I really couldn’t wait. 

15. Have you ever had to actually punch a time clock? 
Yes. All my jobs in WI I punched a time clock. I don’t think I punched a time clock at any jobs since I moved to IL.


Lola’s Diner © 2008-2022


5 comments:

Lisa said...

10:00 for lunch? That would be annoying and early!!

Me, Myself, and I said...

Dang, 10 is more like brunch. I'd be irritated too.

Lori said...

I would probably not go if 10:00 was the time and it was a long way away. My mom lives 20 minutes away, I could make it by 10:00 to her house. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love your house story! It sounds like something I would do!

CountryDew said...

10 is a bit early for lunch. Loved the house story.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©